Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I am not really sure exactly how the government works.  Yes, I did some research but I'm lazy so bare with me here.

Also, I'm sorry it's been so long.

BIG TIME SKIP TO AROUND EARLY DECEMBER: (all that has happened between A and B is meeting and press coverage and more time with the family.)

Normal P.O.V

Alexander and Thomas were sitting in another cabinet meeting, the other Officials sitting patiently around the long table.  Alexander finally brought in the subject of Reincarnations.  He was the second Reincarnated President, the first not knowing until after he had left office, so there was never someone with Alex's point of views.  

Schools for Reincarnates were often segregated.  There were private schools for Reincarnates, but many families couldn't afford to send their kids there, leaving their children up to the bullying and ridicule they would most likely receive in a public school.

Not every kid and every family were against Reincarnates, but there was always that ONE. 

Anyways, Hamilton and Laurens had already started a Reincarnation teen's rights campaign that would be shared and used in every school across the nation, but now was the legalities that needed to follow with that.

"So, I was thinking that we need stricter rules on punishment for people who discriminate against Reincarnates," Alexander started, "teachers cannot get away with purposely failing students because they are different, or making fun of them in the learning environment, which should be seen as a safe place. I propose that stricter laws against teachers should be put in place-"

"That," Jefferson cut off Hamilton, something that at one time, would not have been acceptable, "and that there need to be countrywide rules in all public places.  Parents need to be charged for throwing their minor children out into the street with nothing but the clothing on their back.  No one should be denied their rights, and anyone who is going to Vote or get into places like homeless shelters shouldn't have to show their ID to keep out Reincarnates." Alexander nodded.

"I agree," One of the officials stated as he locked eyes with Hamilton.

"How could we possibly regulate this?" Another official grumbled.  Hamilton rolled his eyes before leaning forward to face the official at the end of the table.  Alexander knew this man, and he knew him to be very biased and anti-Reincarnate.  "We make it a federal law, it would be enforced by local law enforcement and contracts that would have large fines and possible legal action for not following so, with a non-biased judge that would hear both sides out and would follow our federal law. " The other man scuffed but stayed silent for the rest of the meeting.

"Last part of business before we break.  There are about 900 private schools for Reincarnates, especially in large cities and places were Reincarnates are just as numerous as First-Lives.  I would like to work on changing these schools from Reincarnate schools to private First-Lives schools, however, there school quality and equipment and everything else would stay the same as the private schools." There were scuffs and noises of confusion across the table.

"What I am trying to say, is that if parents don't want their children to go to school with Reincarnates, fine, but they are going to be the ones paying for it, and they are not going to be going to any rich fancy school, but the same quality of the local schools in that area.  It is not fair that these Reincarnation families need to pay all of this money to go to worse schools just so their children don't have to face the ridicule and put-downs at a public school." Hamilton finished in a huff of air, having not breathed the entire time.