Chapter 7.

Waking up to Lou snoring in my face wasn’t the ideal Saturday morning, but I suppose it works. I rolled over and checked my phone, seeing that it was only 8 a.m and immediately knew I was the only one awake. So after getting up, brushing my teeth and what not I decided to go downstairs to make everyone breakfast.

Once I got done Liam had joined me in the kitchen and we made small talk until I was finished with breakfast. As I excused myself to wake everyone else up Liam grabbed my arm to hold me back and cleared his throat. “Yeah Li?” “Mia, are you okay? Like really okay, because you’ve been sort of withdrawn lately, I’m worried.” Liam rushed out, I almost didn’t catch everything he said but unfortunately I did. My body stiffened at that and started to think… Is it really worth lying to one of my best friends? I’ll be the first to admit I have been a little off lately, and I haven’t been feeling like myself, but I didn’t think anyone else would notice. Then I realized I must have zoned out, “Of course I’m okay, just tired, with moving and all. I’ll be okay.” I forced a smile and I could tell Liam wasn’t buying it, but he isn’t one to push. “Okay M, just remember we’re all here for you, all right?” “I know, thanks Li,” I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek before turning to walk up the stairs; that was a close one. I thought to myself.

We were all pretty quiet through breakfast and Harry offered to clean up after we were done. Bea had plans with her mom and sister today, Liam was going out with a girl he’d met a few weeks ago, Louis decided he was still tired and I needed to take a walk. After everyone dispersed I jogged up the stairs to grab a hoodie and a pair of vans, before glancing at Lou sound asleep again, and taking off for the park down the road. Walking absentmindedly for a few minutes I sat down on a bench by the pond. Really needing to clear my head, but my mind wouldn’t shut up.

You have to tell everyone soon.

Yeah? You think I’m that stupid?

Kind of, but you’ll keep putting it off.

That was the plan.

They’ll hate you for it.

They’ll get over it.

 I eventually decided to just walk home because clearly being at the park wasn’t doing much good. Walking up the sidewalk I noticed my dad’s car in the driveway, I sighed before forcing myself up to the house. “Dad?” I called as I opened the door.

“In here, sweetheart!” I heard him call from the living room.

”Hey, what are you doing here?” I asked with a look of curiosity on my face.

“I just wanted to stop by and see all of you, but mind telling me why I found Louis asleep in your bed?” My dad asked, but I missed the smirk on his face, only now noticing Lou also in the room. If I just brush it off Louis will think I have feelings for him. Shit Mia, think. “Oh, gosh! It’s not what it looks like, dad.” I practically yell. “Nothing is going on, I swear.”

 “I know, Louis told me already.”

 I cut him off “I swear to you, I would tell you if there were but, Oh god, nothing I swear, nothing is going on.” Out of the corner of my eye I saw Louis get up, anger clear on his face, and head for the back door. Confusion surged through me, why is Lou so angry?

“Mia, calm down, I already talked to Louis about it before you got here, I just wanted to see you and check in on how you’re doing.” I huffed, this is why I moved out.

 “I’m fine, dad. I told you I would call if I needed you.”

“I know, but I was worried Mia, you can’t blame me.” I smiled at his words, at least he cares. I thought to myself. We talked for about ten minutes before my dad decided to leave.