I've Missed You

Kiera pov

Kiera sighed happily. She had dreamed of Ash, being in his arms while he told her that he loved her. She could still feel his arms wrapped around her from their walk last night. The hungry, passionate kisses they shared and the way his hands caressed her body. She had even felt how aroused he had been just from their heavy make out session. When they had finally broken off, she was left panting and feeling rather hot. Her mind clouded with desire as he trailed kisses down her throat and stopped to nibble at her collarbone. She had been ready to give herself to him if he had asked, but he didn't.

He held her in his arms until they both caught their breaths and slowed his kisses. He asked her to go riding with him, he wanted to spend the day with her. She had agreed but this morning she was more nervous. She quickly took a shower and dressed for their day out. They were going to meet up at the horse stalls after breakfast. She practically ran down all the stairs before slowing down when she saw Karla walking out of the dining room. Taking her time, Kiera made her way towards the breakfast table. Karla eyed her with a smirk, as if she knew something she didn't. They passed each other without speaking and Kiera was glad she hadn't said anything to her. She didn't want anyone to ruin her day with Ash.

There wasn't many people at the breakfast table since most went for a run last night and stayed out until the early hours this morning. Kiera grabbed some toast, buttering it with jam and a cup of coffee. It was still too early to meet up with Ash but she couldn't wait much longer. She sat down and tried to take her time eating so she could relax a little. Her father wasn't at the table, neither were April or Michael.

The sun was shining brightly outside with a slight cool breeze. She was nervous about getting on a horse but she trusted Ash enough that he would know what to do and keep her from getting hurt. Smiling, she rounded the house to head towards the horse stalls. She saw someone step out of the shadows by the wall and head towards her. Their frame was smaller then Ash's but they had the same height.

Kiera froze when she saw his face, her heart hammering in her chest and her legs felt numb all of a sudden. His blonde hair, clipped short and as always styled professionally, shimmered with the sun. His bright blue eyes always made her breath catch in the back of her throat as they flicked to hers. His sweet charming smile made her knees weak as he stepped in front of her.

"Aaron?" She said in a breathless gasp.

He pulled her into a hug and kissed her, she was too shocked to even react. He still affected her as if it was the first day they met. He pulled back just enough to look down at her.

"God Kiera, I've missed you so much." He kissed her again. "I've been trying to reach you for so long Baby Cheeks."

Her mind was still reeling from seeing him here. So she hadn't been mistaken seeing him by the lake during the games. Kiera couldn't believe she would react like this towards him after what happened. She had to get away from him, she couldn't allow her heart to get trapped by his charm again. Pulling out of his embrace, she stepped away out of his reach.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice coming out just above a whisper.

"Oh Baby Cheeks, its just that I've been thinking about what you said and I've finally figured out a solution. I've made partner at the firm and I'll be able to spend more time with you. This can work out marvelously and we can finally be together."

Kiera remembered that day she finally told him that they couldn't get married. She had told him that his work hours were destroying their relationship. Sure, the times he did get off they would spend it together and he would treat her good. Yet how much time they had together was uncertain since he was on the phone most of the time, even on his off days. She didn't like that his job ruled his life but there was little she could do about it.

Even his job and their few hours together was not the reason for their downfall but it had been her only alternative for the truth. She didn't trust herself alone with him. He could probably charm his way back into her heart and she couldn't let that happen. If she did she knew she would return to her old self again. Back to being the perfect girlfriend for a top lawyer and have no time for the people who actually cared for her. Trying her hardest to impress the man in front of her so that one day he would actually stop and see how much she loved him.

"Aaron you can't just walk back in my life and think we'll go back as if nothing happened."

"I know Kiera, that's why I want you to give me, us another chance."

"I don't know if I can do that."

"Look sweety, I know you'll need time . ."

His cell started to ring and he held up a finger to let her know it would only take a minute, an old habit of his that she was all too familiar with. He stepped up to her and gave her a light kiss on the head before moving off to the side, still in deep conversation with the person on the other line. She didn't know what to do, should she wait to see what he had to say or should she just leave and avoid him. Kiera knew she wasn't in her right state of mind to deal with him now so she turned to leave.

With his back turned to her, she snuck away and hid behind one of the buildings around. Leaning against the side, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath to clear her mind. Old feelings began to resurface as did the pain of letting him go. She needed to stay clear from him if she wanted to move on with her life. He wasn't worth the heartbreak he caused.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like your desperately tryin' to avoid someone. It wouldn't be me now would it?"

Kiera jumped slightly at being caught by none other than Ash. He was sitting up on a tall horse a few feet in front of her. She hoped he hadn't seen her with Aaron, all she needed was to try and explain what her ex fiance was doin here. Luckily for her he seemed oblivious to the fact that she was trying to avoid her ex.

"I'm not hiding from anyone." She stated firmly, sounding a lot more confident then she felt.

"You are a really bad liar Kiera." He laughed while she frowned up at him. "Are you ready to ride?"

Kiera eyed the large animal, maybe it was a bad idea to agree to go riding with him. Ash climbed off and held out his hand to her. Hesitantly Kiera placed her hand in his and walked closer to him, closing the space. He drew her close to him and kissed her. Kiera closed her eyes at the feel of his lips on hers. The feel of his warm mouth made her warm all over and when he traced his tongue along her lip she was lost.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Aaron pov

Hanging up, Aaron turned back to Kiera but she was nowhere around. He frowned, where had she gone. When Karla had called him he was ready to hang up on her but when she told him that Kiera was going to be at this ranch all week he knew he had to act fast if he didn't want to lose her. He worked hard ever since she gave him back the engagement ring to get partner at the firm. Now he would be able to hire his own team and get more time off so he could spend it with her.

Losing her made him realize just how much she meant to him. He missed her smile and her company. The surprise visits to the office so they could have lunch. She would listen to him when he talked about the cases they had and would celebrate his wins enthusiastically. Always praising him on his work.

He made his way to the horse stalls where he had been earlier, asking around if anyone had seen her. Looking in he saw the workers but Kiera wasn't around. This wasn't like her, she had never done anything like this before. Looking around he saw a couple of buildings to the side that were at a close distance for her to go to. Making his way over to the closest building he walked around it but she wasn't there either.

He wasn't much for games and Kiera's little game of hiding from him was starting to tick him off. He moved on to the next building. Rounding the next corner, Aaron stopped dead on his tracts. There just a few feet from him was none other than Kiera in the arms of another man. He suppressed a growl that treated to escape as the guy wrapped his arms around her waist.

He started to shake with fury, another growl starting at the back of his throat. He felt his canines lengthen and his nails sharpen as they dug into his palm as he tightened his hands into fists. Aaron quickly turned and ran, he couldn't allow the humans to see him shift in broad daylight. And after what he just seen he knew he was on the verge of changing.