Stereotypical Or Just Typical

Tuesday, September 4
Hey guys, so we start this glorious sunny morning in...SCHOOL! Yay for EDUCATION.

"Hey, Zara!"
Hey, Madison!
"What are you up to?"
Chatting to my camera, I guess!
"So, what made you decide to start vlogging?"
I don't really know, I guess I've always been an introvert, I find it hard to do most things that "normal people" do and it just makes me feel comfortable. I feel like I have someone to talk to. That's weird isn't it?"
"No I think that's actually really cool and I think your really cool and when given the opportunity, I bet you would be amazing at anything you wanted to do."
How can you tell by just meeting me 3 days ago?
"Don't cut your self-short, have more faith in yourself."

Briiiiing!

Well, there goes the bell.

"Have you ever filmed in class?"
Not really but there's a first for everything. I just need to find a really good hiding spot.

"Alright class, so as you know we're going to have a debate about Stereotypes in this world and the person with the best points and arguments is going to receive a scholarship to Berkshire. Now is there anyone who wants to starts this off?"

"I would like to as I am Samantha Willows and it's only right if the most superior of students go first!"

( this girl needs to be put in her place )
("Don't say anything Z-)

"SAYING SOMETHING, MADISON!"

You can't talk to her like that Samantha, in fact, you don't have the right to talk to anyone the way you do!
"You fre- I mean Zara, you can't talk to me that way either!"
"Girls,  calm down! It seems that you, Zara have a lot to say, why don't you start off with what you think about stereotypes?"

Uhh, Miss Gibson, I don't think I-

"Don't be shy Zara, come on."

Ok... well...I think stereotypes still exist because it's pretty much apart of the normality now, I mean it's practiced in schools, for example, "nerds" stay together and the "popular" people stay together. It's hard to break out of that cycle when it's what you've been taught your whole life.

"Okay, that's what you think Zara, but can you imagine the "nerds" hanging out with me!"

Samantha, you haven't even looked at the people you call nerds because you think that if they like to read or take their education seriously, they're beneath you!

"How dare you talk to me like that, do know who my Daddy is?"

Yeah, I do, but you know what, It doesn't even matter that your dad has lots of money, because clearly any of that money couldn't make you any smarter!
"You know what, you're not worth my time so why don't you take your plastic piece of trash and go cry in a little corner!"

OOOOHHHH, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!

"That is quite enough, girls take your seats before I'm forced to send you both to the principle. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!"

"YES MISS GIBSON!"

"Right, Zara, please continue."

Okay, So I guess where I'm taking my point is that we got so used to labels and cliques that we let it not only control our school but our world as well. We immediately judge someone on how they talk or look like and it's just spreading this misunderstanding that they're a certain type of person. I know it's easier said than done but why can't we just accept our differences, It's not going to change the world but it's a step forward!
"Well People like you would think so but I don't think Stereotypes are that big of a deal I mean most of the time they are how I think they are."
Well, you would Samantha.
"What's that supposed to mean?
You've never talked to people who were different or had any differences at all. The people you call nerds are so much more. I would like to think there was more to you but your close-minded personality says otherwise.
"But"-
I say whether you are the misfit, the sporty person or the sensitive type, don't let these labels limit your potential.

That was a great start girls and Zara this were some very valid points. Sit down, who's next?
1 hour later
"Okay class, that's was stuck me great points but my I think one person stood out... Samantha, you get the Scholarship."
"Thank you, Miss Gibson... thought it was obvious."

"Class is dismissed. Except you Zara, I want to have a chat. That was amazing Zara, there may have been some distractions, but you did very well. Keep this up and who knows, maybe you'll make it big one day... You may go now."

Thank you miss Gibson!

1 hour later

So Maddie... thoughts on what happened?
"I thought you had it in the bag and there's no way Samantha should've won."
I don't really mind, I don't think Berkshire is really my ... vibe.
"For all we know, the scholarship was probably already hers."
Do you really think Miss Gibson would do that?
"I mean, I've only known this Samantha for a couple of days and all she does is brag about her Dad and how rich he is and there's that whole thing about social justice."
I'm just glad I got to voice my opinion even though I didn't get picked. I just hope that this hasn't lit a fuel between Samantha and me, because that's the last thing I want! Anyway, guys, so I'm going to end it here for today as that was too much drama, Even for me and now.......along snooze awaits me!