New Me?

Tuesday, January 1
Hey ... I'm not in the mood to vlog but it should a be a distraction. I just want to forget yesterday even happened, UGH I've got a massive headache.
Sorry if I sound moody or angry, I'm still under the effects of yesterday.
Mom's been in her room all day and Theo is asleep. As for me, I just want to get out of here. In fact, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Mom! I'm going to Maddie's house!
"Alright sweety, make sure to be safe!"

It's time for some fresh air... Alright, that air wasn't as fresh as I thought it would be.
Our neighborhood is pretty quiet, to be honest, I've not seen any of our neighbors out of their homes... Or maybe it's just me that stays inside too much to even notice. I'll go with the second option. Oh, wait... I think that's Samantha. Looks like all is not well in the Willow Household,

"Daddy, you said that you would take me out but you haven't yet, you're always working"
"Samantha, you know I can't just stop my job for you, it's too important.
"Samantha, stop bothering your father, you have lots things yet you want more"
"But, Daddy!"
"Not another word Samantha"

Well, that got intense. Nothing is what it seems to be. Okay, I'm nearly at Maddie's house, only a few houses away. I don't know how I'm going to tell her about my parents because I know I'll break down crying.

We're here, okay, I'll knock.

"Hello, you must be Zara, I'm Maddie's Mom, Come in. MADDIE! Tell you what, why don't you go up to her room.
Thank You, Maddie's Mom.
"Oh please call me Julia"

Off to Maddie's room, we go!

Maddie!
"OH MY GOSH!"
Haha, sorry, did I scare you?
"Nope, I wasn't scared one bit"
Really?
"No, you scared the life out of me! I think I peed my pants?"
Haha, sorry!
"That was not the way I wanted to show you my room"
Sorry, I should've called before coming but I needed to get away from home for a bit.
"Why Zee, is something wrong? Even yesterday when we facetimed, you seemed a bit off, did something happen?"
Umm...
"You know you can tell me"
My parents told me and my brother yesterday... That they're getting a..a divorce.
"Oh Zara, I'm so sorry, are you alright?"
Honestly, I'm not alright, I didn't want them to have a divorce, I begged and begged but I couldn't stop them.
"Oh Zara, you know you can't stop them from getting a divorce"
I know but in my mind, I thought I could fix it.
"Your Dad will still be your Dad and So will your Mom, Nothings going to change that, I'm here for you Zara, anytime you want a shoulder to cry on, I'll be here."
Thanks, Mads.
"And it's the new year which means a new you, don't let this divorce tear you apart, let it make you stronger, also it can never hurt to try a new look, like fierce"
Maddie, we can start the makeover later but you know there's something we need to talk about.
"What?"
About your crush on my brother!
"Noo! we're turning the camera off now!"

2 hours later

As you guys can see, I'm no longer at Maddie's, I'm on my way home. It's 8:30 and it's already dark, also VERY, VERY COLD!
Maddie wasn't wrong about a makeover, it never hurts to change a bit, maybe a new haircut or new clothes, I don't know.

Anyways, that's it for today, it's been a tough one, but I got through it!