sth«-»six

a few nights later | Norristown, P.A.

Ty.

As our peers converse around us, all you can here is the silverware hitting our plates at our table. After a movie, Kelis and I decided to get some dinner. We've been together all day and I was really enjoying her company. We reconnected on some things, but Kelis was making the whole thing awkward. In fact since my birthday party, it's been awkward between us. I was hoping tonight she would loosen up a bit, which she has. Although, she still isn't being herself. I can feel that and she knows. She's been trying to  avoid the whole conversation all night. Every time I bring up the situation about us, she always changes the subject. She speaks of something random like the weather or something work related.

I'll laugh it off of course and talk about whatever she wanted to talk about. However, I'm not going to let it slide the whole night. She says she wants to take things slow, but how slow? We never really talked about it? She hasn't called me or text me like she use to. When we first began talking, we talked to one another non-stop. Now it's like she just trying to erase us and our history. After chewing my food, I grab my glass and take a sip of my water. My attention staying steady on her as she makes small jesters to avoid me. She'll tuck her hair behind her ear, or look off just to avoid eye contact. I clear my throat causing her to snatch her attention towards me. She sighs and forks some food off of her plate while arching a brow. I smirk and shake my head as we continue to eat.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" Kelis mumbles through chews.

"I just can't believe that we're out having dinner." I smile, eating some of my food. She playfully rolls her eyes while wiping the corners of her mouth with the napkin.

"You're acting as if we never been out before." She chuckles.

"It's been a minute." Kelis couldn't do anything but nod and take a sip of her water.

"Yea, that's true. This is nice though. What made you want to do all this?" She questions. I push my empty plate away and wipe the corners of my mouth.

"You should already know the answer to that question." We both raise a brow to one another as she smirks.

"I obviously don't know if I'm asking." She exhales.

"Well, if you don't know I'm not telling you." I shrug. Once Kelis is finished her meal, she pushes the plate away while gulping her water.

"That was delicious." She says when done.

"It was, you ready to go?" I ask.

"Mhm. While you wait for the check, I'm going to run to the ladies room. If you want you can wait for me at the car." She says while standing to her feet. I shake my head no with pouted lips.

"I'm in no rush, I'll wait for you." I assure. She nods while going on about her business. I wave our waiter over and ask for the check when he approaches the table. He nods and walks off. He returns a short time later and I read the receipt. I place the money plus the tip on the table, seeing Kelis travel towards me. She smiles as I stand to  my feet and push my seat up to the table. Leaving out of the restaurant, Kelis and I head to the car.

"Where to now?" She questions as we walk through the parking lot.

"It's nine thirty right now. I was thinking we head back home." I tell her.

"Back to your place." She confirms.

"Yes, unless you need to get back to your house." She shakes her no in response with pouted lips. Nodding, I open the door to my car for her. She gets in and I close the door, walking around to the other side of the car. Once I'm inside, I buckle up as she does the same. I crank up and pull off as Kelis and I sat quiet. After a ten minute ride, we arrive at my apartment building. I park in my permitted spot and cut the engine. After getting out, I open the door for Kelis and hold my hand out for her to take. She thanks me and I nod while closing the door. While here, I hope we can talk about us and what we're doing. I really want her and I need to make that clear. Locking my car, Kelis and I enter the building and I request the elevator. As we wait, Kelis picks with her nails.