sth«-»nine

Norristown, P.A.

Ty.

"Are you outside?" Mariani questions over the line.

"I'm almost there. I'm right around the corner." I inform.

"Ok, I'll see you in a little bit." Mariani informs.

"Ard." After hanging up the phone, I arrive in front of the door and pull into the garage behind her car. I called Mariani up to talk and she invited me over her mother's place. Her day was kind of busy so she told me to meet her at around eight tonight. I didn't ask questions of why so late, because I knew she worked late today. This conversation however, is suppose to be about me telling Mariani about Kelis and I. We're getting more serious day by day and I need to set things straight. Yes Mariani and I are friends but I'll be honest. She is my type. Although, I know what I have at home. Grabbing the flowers from the back seat, I sit them in my lap and contemplate this situation. I don't want anyone's feelings to get hurt because I know how it feels. After a good twenty minutes, I finally decide to get out of the car. Closing the door, I lock the car with the remote until the horn honked. Instead of walking across the fresh cut grass, I walk down the garage to the pavement that leads to the two flights of stairs to the entrance. Holding the flowers in my hand, I switch them to the right hand and ring the doorbell. Mariani opens the door with a smile, letting me in. I witness she's still in her scrubs so she hasn't been here long I'm guessing.

"Hey, are those for me?" She questions while closing the door.

"No, they're for your mother. Is she around?" I question, turning towards her. Mariani smiles and narrows her brows in awe.

"That's sweet, and she's asleep, I'll put them in some water." She says, taking the flowers away from me. I nod while following her to the kitchen. I watch as she grabs the vase and begins to prepare the flowers. I watch while standing in front of the counter. I don't know how to start this off but I knew small talk was in the right direction.

"How was work?" I question.

"The usual. I had a easy day today though which was surprising." She shrugs.

"For real?"

"Yea, so what's up what did you want to talk about? I know it wasn't about my day at work." She chuckles, placing the flowers in the vase. I nod while sighing and tucking my hands in my pockets.

"No it wasn't." I state. Mariani nods while crossing her arms and leaning up against the sink.

"I'm listening." She assures. I don't want to waste anymore time, so I figured that I get straight to the point.

"We aren't confused of what this is between us right?" Mariani jolts her head back while narrowing her brows.

"We're just friends. Why?" She questions confused.

"I just need to know that we're on the same page. I know that there's no big deal between us, but Kelis thinks otherwise." I stress. She chuckles lightly while poking her cheek with her tongue.

"It's because of the late night calls, isn't it?" Nodding, I lean on the counter while interlocking my fingers.

"Even though we're rebuilding, it's still disrespectful to her. Especially when I'm with her and you call. I don't want to be an ass and ignore you, because I do value our friendship. Then I don't want to put anyone before her because she's my woman and I respect her wishes." I explain.

"So y'all are back together." Mariani smirks while crossing her arms across her chest.

"Yea." I respond.