Prologue

" i told you, that's for your twin brother. You can have the chocolate one"

" but i love the vanilla flavored ice cream"

" i know but you will like the chocolate one too"

The little boy gave up and give the only vanilla ice cream to his twin brother and grab the chocolate ice cream.

---------------------

" Mom, dad!! Look i've got a star! ~" the little boy bubbly said as he showed off the star marked on his arm.

The mother and father both smiled at him.

" That's great sweety" the mother simply said with a smile then walk to the kid's twin brother.

" how's school my baby luky?!" the mother sweetly asked.

" it was fun mommy! Our teacher told me that im improving a lot! And she also told me that maybe if i worked hard i might get a star too! ~" the little kid responded with a bubbly smile.

" wow that's great! Im so proud of you" the mother said giving her son her genuine smile.

" that's my boy" said the father as he mess the little luky's hair.

At the corner, one of the twins just watch them with a teary eyes. He sadly looked at the star on his arm.

------------------------

" i said it's mine!"

" no! It's mine!"

The twins are fighting over a brown teddy bear. It was really little luhan's stuff toy, it was given to him as a birthday present but little luky wants it and insisted that it's his.

Out of anger little luhan push little lukas that causes the latter to let go of the teddy bear and fell to the ground.

Little lukas cried. Their mom entered.

" What happened?!" the mother asked as he hug the crying baby.

" I just wanted his teddy bear but he don't want to give it to me and he push me" the crying boy said to his mom.

" luhan you're being a bad boy! How can you do that to your twin brother!? Why are you so selfish? We didn't thought you that! It's just a toy, give it to your brother!!!" She sputtered those hateful words on her son's face without second thought.

" but it's mine" little luhan reasoned out as tears beginning to form from his eyes.

The mother grab the teddy bear from little luhan's hands and gave it to little lukas.

" You have to learn how to share especially with your twin brother or else no presents from me on your birthday"

Little luhan just bowed his head out of guilt and shame.

Their mother took her leave.

Little luhan sat on the corner of the room as he watch his twin played with his stuff.

--------------------------

" mommy, daddy!!! Im the first honor in our classroom!!!!" fourth grader luhan shouted as soon as he step on their house.

Feeling proud of it he shouted a few more times.

" Luhan can you shut your mouth!? Lukas is sleeping and you know he has a fever! "

Luhan ignored her mothers nagging and come to her quickly.

" look mommy, im top 1 in our class" he said softly now as he showed a piece of paper that is saying he is indeed no. 1 in class.

Her mother just sigh. The least reaction he is expecting from her.

" just in class?! Luhan you have to be no. 1 in the whole school, not in just your class"

The boy just bowed his head out of sadness because why not?! Well there are 35 children inside their room and he topped them all but still her mother is not impressed.

" but when lukas got top 8 at his class you were so happy and we even celeb--"

The child was cutted off by his mom.

" that's different! Now eat your lunch and go take a bath after that"

The kid slowly nodded as he watch his mom leave with a food of tray up to his twin's room.

He looked at the paper that states he is no. 1 in their room.

Without second thoughts he tear it into 4 pieces and eat his cold lunch silently.

When night came he woke up by a knock on his door.

And then there he is, his father with a smile.

His father walked closer at him and sat on his bed holding a frame and his... Torn out certificate.

" my son is top 1 in his class! Im so proud of you" his father said smiling widely.

" aren't you disappointed in me because im just no. 1 inside our room?" luhan questioned out.

The father got shock and shake his head.

" why would i be?! You just topped the students inside your room! And why did you tore up your certificate?! But no worries daddy tapes it and frame it" his dad said and showed him the certificate.

The boy was happy that his dad appreciated it. He smile and hug his dad.

" oh and here's my gift for my hard working son" the father said and gave a wrapped box to the boy.

Luhan hurriedly open it and saw a new stuff toy. He is so happy that he hug his father tightly and thanked him.

===============

A story where the author relates.