Will You Join Me?

Ichor suddenly stops, glancing around for the source of the smell. It was demi-god, but Pavo was still far away. She slinks off into the cover of the trees, her footsteps silent. The smell grows and is now recognizable as a daughter of Ares. Ichor creeps forward and pauses when she sees the girl, she's performing practice manuevers with a huge, wooden sword. The girl's hair is brown and cut a little bit shorter than shoulder length, which is unconventional. Her shoulders are wide and she is surprisingly muscled. Although Ichor is only watching her practice with a fake sword, she know's that the demi-god is good. Well, you'd have to be a good fighter if you are a daughter of Ares.

"Have you ever dreamed of fighting with the real thing?" Ichor asks as she steps forward, watching as the girl whirls around in surprise. People are all the same.

"Yes, but it's never going to happen." The girl responds as she lowers the sword to the ground and leans up against it, her surprise leaking away to a wary uncaring. Ichor smells the air again, bing inconspicious about it, and knows that she doesn't know who she is. If she did then the mell would be stronger.

"Why not?" Ichor asks and she shifts uncomfortably as the stranger takes in her torn apparel. Her dress is quite tattered, covering her just enough.

"Because I'm a girl, I had thought that would be obvious. What happened to you?" The demi-god asks and Ichor is not surprised, but her next words catch her off gaurd, "Do you need help?"

"Help? What motivation do you have to help me?" Ichor asks and she truggles to keep her confusion out of her tone. She's momentarily dropping the subject on fighting, but she's planning on bringing it back up again.

"It looks like you need it. And that's motivation enough." The girl says as she straightens and tucks the sword away under some leaves at the end of the clearing. She then walks back up to Ichor and offers her a small smile. "Come with me, I've got more clothes at my house. They'll be huge on you, but t's better then those rags. Oh and by the way, I'm Cassidy."

Ichor opens her mouth to say that this is crazy, that no one would help a monster. Instead she ends up saying, "Okay. And then I'll tell you how you can fight for real." This time it's Cassidy's turn to be surrised, but also grateful. Ichor then trails along behind the demi-god, debating how it's best to tell her she's half god. And then how it's best to ask her to help a monster fight Kronos. This is just all going to go so well.

***

Cassidy's hand presses over her mouth and she struggles to suppress a giggle, temporarily losing her intimidating act. "So.... which one?" She asks as she glances at her bed, and her simple outfit laying on it. The girl then look over at Ichor and holds back another fit of laughter. The slender girl was outfitted in Cassidy's younger sisters clothes, and they were way to small.

"I'd rather wear a tent than a bao constrictor." Ichor says with a frown as she tugs at the too tight dress. It was white and short, way to short, coming up to her mid thighs. It hugged her curves in an uncomfortably tight fashion and Ichor has to roll her eyes at Cassidy's snicker. "Seriously, if anyone saw me in this... I'd get arrested or something."

"Yeah, I guess you're right, but just know: when I'm bored and need something to laugh at, this is what I'll remeber." Cassidy says with a smile as she turns around ,allowing Ichor to change. When she turn back she once again breaks into giglles.

"They both look weird on you." The deimi-god says with a snicker as Ichor scowls and sticks her tongue out. Cassidy then walks over to Ichor's old dress and then picks it up, looking at the tears. "What cut you? I mean, cut the dress. You don't seem to be wounded."

"Nothing important." Ichor says as she takes her clothing back from Cassidy and then tosses it into the fire, ignoring the other girl's surprised look.

"You might want to sit down, I've got something to break to you." Ichor says as she begins to pace in front of the bed, the now-seated Cassidy shooting her curious stares. "Okay, let me just keep it frank and to the point. You are a demi-god, daughter of Ares. You looked good with that practice sword, so I want you to join me. My newly found quest will be to recruit demi-gods and then kill monsters."

Once Ichor is done talking she stands silently for a moment, giving the frozen Cassidy a suspicious look. "Cassidy? Cassidy- are you alright?"

"Alright?" Cassidy says and her voice is an octave higher then normal. Ichor braces herself for being attacked, yelled at, or wept upon. Instead Cassidy sweeps her up in a bear hug and spins around in a crazy circle ."That's awesome!!! Do I have powers?! Can I fight stufff? Will I get a real sword? This is epic!!!" Cassidy shouts as she drops Ichor and starts to dance around the room.

Ichor stands up and shakes her head at Cassidy' enthusiasm, but she can't help the small smile that creeps up onto her lips.The reaction wasn't what she had been expecting, but that was a good thing. "I'm not entirely sure about the powers, but yes.... We'll get you a sword."

Cassidy packs up some things and then the two girls head out, Ishor casting a worried look at Cassidy's full money purse. "Don't you feel bad about taking from your family?" She asks cautiously.

"Not at all. My step-father is a drunk, my half sister a brat, and my mother a corpse." Cassidy responds in a dimissing tone before continueing on down the road. "It'll take them a while to notice I'm gone, but they'll see that the money is missing pretty quickly.... so we need to move fast."

Ichor frowns when her friend describes her famil but in the end she just shrugs at Cassidy's worries before replying, "If they start to pursue us we can just go into the woods." Ichor hears a gasp and feels a hand tighten on her arm as she glances back to see Cassidy. The girl had the back of her hand to her forehead in a mocking gesture as she whines, "Oh no, the forest! But there's monsters!"

Ichor cracks up laughing, surprising herself. She smiles and roll her eyes at the melodramatic Cassidy before continuing to walk.

After a long, yet comfortable, silence. Ichor asks, "You will join me? And stay by my side no matter what?"

Cassidy laughs and lightly punches the shorter girls shoulder, "Geez, you make it sound so serious. Of course I will." The girl says with a wide smile.

Ichor stops walking and her emerald eyes bore into Cassidy. "It is serious. Give me a serious answer."

Cassidy stops laughing and looks at Ichor without flinching. "Yes, I'll join you. And yes, I'll be loyal. And I'm saying that because you cearly believe in me and that's nothing anyone has ever done before."

Ichor smiles and starts walking again and replies. "Yeah, I know that feeling."

___________________________________________________________________________-

Originally,, this was going to be longer and it was supposed to come out a LONG time ago, but I got writers block. So.... does anyone know what they want to see happen?

Do you have a plot twist? Do you have an amazing character in your head? Is there anything you want to happen? Let me know!!

And one more thing, comment!!!!! Vote!!!!!