Equipment

"What would make fighting a monster hard?" Ichor asks Cassidy as she manuevers around another group of chatting men. A few of them look over at the two girls, but for the most part they are ignored amongst the crowd.

"If the monster was strong, if the terrain isn't in your favor, if you are injured, if there are multiple, and... Well, everything." Cassidy replies as she trails along behind. "Why?"

Ichor, instead of answering Cassidy's question instead answers her own. "I think it would be extremely hard if you where unarmed." Ichor says as she stops walking, her face mostly blank as her eyes watch some soldiers work on constructing the walls. When not actually out in battle the soldiers very often are assigned to working on building projects, so it isn't a surprise to see them. Nor is it a surprise to see that they are all still armed and uniformed.

Cassidy turns her head and follows Ichor's gaze, blanching when she sees the soldiers. "You can't steal their swords!" She exclaims in an empathatic whisper. But Ichor just smiles at her friend before walking forward liesurely, watching the soldiers and forming a plan in her mind.

Cassidy steps in front of Ichor with her hands on her hips and lowers her voice as she says, "You'll get caught." Her face is stern, but her brown eyes show worry. She hasn't known Ichor or very long at all, but she already knows that she would hate for anything to happen to her leader.

Ichor just smiles and says, "Trust me." And she feels a surge of happiness when Cassidy nods and just steps to the side. The girl is about to step forward when she spots someone and stops, her smile widening.

Cassidy once again blanches. "No... you can't go after a high ranking-" But Ichor's laugh cuts her off and the demigod sighs when her friend starts forward again.

***

Ichor pinches her cheeks a couple of times, wrinkling her nose in distaste. Then she pulls on the strands in her braid, loosening it and causing stray locks to hang around her face haphazardly. Ichor then sprints through the crowd, skidding to a stop by her target. She knows how he looks and she knows the effects it will make. Her cheeks are red with what looks like excertion, her hair is windswept and falling out, her chest is rising harshly with each ragged breath, plus her clothes are mussed and one size to big.

She looks up at the man, who is clearly taken aback at the sight of her. His uniform is sapphire blue and silver, tailored to his shape and gleaming in the light. His eyes widen in surprise, showing that they are a warm brown, before narrowing in confusion.

Ichor gasps for breath, even going so far as to sway forwards some, causing him to place a hand on her waist to steady her. "Th-they a-attacked! And... and I didn't know what to do! My lady told me to fetch help, so I came here.... Please, you have to help! I think that I'm the only one who escaped, everyone else is still trapped in the house!"

"Alright, calm done. They'll be alright, I promise. Which house? Who attacked?" The man asks and Ichor just turns her head, pointing to an estate in the near distance and shrugging helplessly to say that she couldn't recognize the assailants. He nods and turns to face the growing crowd seeking out his soldiers and opening his mouth, presumably to give them orders to move out.

"No!" Ichor say and she tugs on the man's arm to get his attention before explaining. "I think that most of th epeople are still alive, but if those brutes see soldiers coming they'd be sure to change that! Please come with just yourself or one other, or something... I don't want anyone to get hurt!" Ichor says and she bites her bottom lip as tears spill down her cheeks, causing her green eyes to brighten and shimmer with multiple other colors. The actress trembles slightly as if in fear and her target instantly falls for it. He meets the eyes of just two other soldiers and nods, causing them to instantly running off to grab horses.

Ichor watches as the man turns towards her and says, "Thank you miss, you stay here where it's safe." But when Ichor shakes her head he looks at her curiously, wondering if there was some bit of information she had left out.

"No... I have to know that my masters are alright, and if there is anyone hurt I could help. I've cleaned and stitched wounds before." Ichor says and then smiles inwardly when the man just nods, tugging her along towards the gate and the awaiting horses.

***

Cassidy follows along behind Ichor and the three soldiers, riding a horse that she had snagged from where it had been tied to a fence. Normally the girl would feel bad, but she needed to do it for the quest.

Cassidy speeds up and rides closer to them, spotting her leader riding behind the officer. When Ichor gives Cassidy a nod she races forwards and to the side, running up right next to one of the soldiers. She snags him around the neck with one arm, yanking him off the horse and unceremoniously dumping him on the ground. Cassidy then catches the reins of his rearing horse and loops them over a low hangng olive branch. She watches the officer's eyes narrow and he turns his horse towards her while drawing his sword.

Well, trying to draw his sword. Ichor reaches out and yanks his arms behind him, pinning them behind his back. She then kicks out with her other foot, catching the third soldier and falling him. "Cass, knock them out or something." Ichor orders as she struggles to keep a hold on the officer.

Eventually she brings her foot up and braces it against his spine, pulling him over into an uncomfortable (for him) position before wrestling his arms into a headlock. With all their struggles, they end up kicking the horse and the fed up animal bucks them off, causing them both to slam onto the ground. The officer lands on top of Ichor, knocking the breath out of her.   He takes the oppurtunity to pin her down, snapping, "By the gods, what the heck is going on?" The man could hardly believe that the beautiful girl that had begged him for help  just attacked him... but that's exactly what it seems like.

Ichor glances over and spots Cassidy calming the horses and knocking the other two soldiers unconscious before starting to remove one of their uniforms.

Ichor looks back up at the scowling captain before smiling and saying. "This is a stick up, give me all your clothes."

Now she can see the anger and confusion on his face, but she wastes no time bringing her forehead up and crashing it into his nose. He cries out and his pin weakens, giving Ichor the time to puch him off and climb to her feet. Then she kicks him in the head.

His eyes roll back and his body slumps into unconsciousness a Ichor brushes herself off. She looks over at Cassidy and sees her friend already donning the armor and strapping the sword around her waist.

Ichor starts to remove the armor off of the officer and put it on herself. The silver plates of armor fit almost perfectly and the leather fittings underneath hang comfortably against Ichor's atheletic frame. She takes the longsword and picks it up, examining the blade and the golden hilt. She then slips the sword into the hilt before turnng to face the horses, looking them over. The silver armor shines in the sun and the sapphire colorings and markings are a vibrant contrast to the drab browns of the common slothes. Ichor pulls her hair back into a tight, braided bun at the nape of her neck and ties it with a strip of blue fabrid before walking over to the horses. The sun begins to set, sinking down on the horizon. Ichor climbs up onto her new horse, a dark bay that's coat is a gleaming almost black, and turns to face Cassidy. She offers her friend a small smile before kicking her horse into a canter, riding off towards their future.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry about how short this is. It's mostly just a filler chapter that's giving them equipment. The next one will be a monster confrontation, or add some drama. And it'll hopefully be longer.

But hello, I need some feedback too!! Meet me halfway, make some comments, give me some votes. Be alive!! C'mon people!