Baby stuff

Maria came back carrying a bunch bags full of baby stuff. Brett was still on the couch cradling a now sleeping cub. "He fell asleep, I guess It'll make it easier to get some stuff situated." Maria then took the stuff and went into the room that was going to be the cubs. Brett looked down at the cub, it was sound asleep in his arms. The site made him smile a little bit. The cub then slightly opened its eyes, it looked at him with a sleepy gaze. It's emerald green eyes looking into his blue eyes. The cub smiled at him and snuggled into his chest more before falling asleep once more.

Maria walks into the room holding some diapers. "Quick, we need to put one of these on him." She says offering him a clean diaper. Brett easily puts it on him without waking him. "Here, we have a crib, let him rest there so we can talk." Brett looked nervously at the cub and gently put him down and covered him with a blanket. He then walks into the living room to Maria sitting on the couch. "So..." He begins to say but is interrupted by Maria. "Take a seat please, we need to talk." Brett picks a seat right across from her and sits down.

"Look, I need to know, do you want to keep the baby forever?" She said. Brett looked in the direction of the room the cub was sound asleep in. "I kinda do, when I was holding him I felt a strange bond with him, I already feel attached to him." He said not making eye contact. "Don't be afraid to look me in the eyes, we are a couple, I love you no matter what you want." Brett looked up at her and smiled. "I'm glad to hear that, but now I want know, how do you feel about the cub?" Maria shrugged, "I haven't gotten to spend time with him yet." Brett nodded and went into the other room and came back carrying the cub. He offered her the cub which she took. She stared down at him and saw him open his eyes a little bit. She could feel him tense a little bit and he began to extend his chubby paws out towards brett while making nervous whines. Brett sat down next to the two of them and put his face close to the cubs. "No need to worry little guy, she is nice and like me, she will take care of you." He said softly. The cub eased up a bit and turned his attention to Maria.

He gave her a cute little smile and nuzzled her chest lightly.  "It seems like he likes you too now." Brett said happily. Maria smiled a bit. "I guess he does." She said. "You know what, I think I'm going to like this little guy." She said smiling at brett. He returned the smile and together the three of them fell asleep on the couch.