Chapter 9 - Ryan's story

He went to find Adrian. Adrian asked him why he sang this song after all these years. She had moved on and was very happy with Shahid, her husband. She told him how much she loved Shahid and her daughters. She asked Ryan if he had ever loved her even if it was just for a moment.

Ryan then told her that he married Sara but couldn't give her the love she deserved. They separated ways two years ago when Ryan realized that he had loved Adrian since the day he had seen her for the first time at the terrace of the building in Mumbai. All these years he thought he had only shared a special friendship with Adrian. The day Adrian proposed Ryan, his heart wanted to say yes, but he didn't have the strength to cope with the differences in their religions which could lead to conflict within their families. The day Adrian got married, Ryan was not yet settled in his life and didn't have anything to give her so he let the thought of being with her pass.

The day Ryan got divorced, he wanted to call Adrian and tell her how much he missed her, how much he loved her. But how could he cause pain to Adrian? How could he disturb her happy life? He tried not to tell her but when he saw her again the song just came out on his mouth. Nobody knew Ryan the way Adrian did. He knew that she knew him better than himself.

When Ryan finished his story, they both cried. What could be done now? It was too late. Adrian hugged him tightly knowing that this would be the last time she saw him. She was relieved that she finally got her closure when Ryan expressed his feelings to her. All these years she had often wondered whether he had ever loved her. But now she knew that he had.

Ryan said to Adrian "We may not have been able to share our lives the way we had desired. But I will love you till the end of my life. All love stories don't end well but the ones who suffer pain also have a story to tell."

They said goodbye for the last time.