Death of Goliath

TORONTO, SIX HOURS AGO.
"Ma'am, this could destroy the last of our forces in the West, this is all or nothing. What's your call?"

The conference room was filled with high ranking members of the Commonwealth. The maps, plans, and documents scattered over a large wooden table had been surveyed over a hundred times over and still the group had not come to a proper conclusion on what to do about an isolated Teutonic carrier in Washington.

The man who'd spoken had been the one to receive the news of the cullosos, and how it had been a staging area for the elimination of guerilla camps all across the state of Washington.

Grand Marshal Marcella Abbot simply sat at the head of the table with her hands clasped in front of her mouth. The men all around watched as they saw the middle aged woman's mind at work

A long silence hung in the air as they awaited her answer, each one having a stake in what was to come.

"Launch Operation Icarus." She said in a near whisper.

"Ma,am?"

"If we are going to stand a chance at winning this, gentlemen." She rose from her chair, hands splayed on the table like tarantulas. "We need a way to knock those butcher birds out of the sky, this is an excellent and possibly the only chance we will have to see if it can work, and maybe put a dent in these bastards while we're at it." The Marshel reasoned.

"We'll be lucky if our lines here in the east hold them for another couple months, we need to act."

SASKATCHEWAN, SIX HOURS AGO

In a bunker in Saskatchewan a man in a Canadian uniform was hunched over a computer when the phone rang next to his desk, interrupting his game of Fallout.

"Hello?" He drawled in a bored tone.

"Launch Operation Icarus." The voice said before hanging up with a click.

The soldier leaned back in his chair and took a long breath in before springing up and running through the complex.

"MOBOLIZE!"

FORTIFIED VANCOUVER, ONE HOUR AGO

"Where the hell are they?"

"No idea sir."

Marshall Fred Wong tapped his foot with barley contained impatience, a consistant tick since the two men had arrived at the airbase along with a cargo truck and multiple troop transports, transports filled with men just as eager to finally go on the offensive.

The Private raised his binoculars to give another look at the road, a minute progressed before the man gave his superior a report. "There they are sir." He said as he passed the looking device to Wong.

Dozens of tanks and armoured cars moved down the road towards the airfield, making the ground rumble.

"That's a lot of armour!" The Private excitedly cried.

"That's not what's going to bring that thing down, Lee." Wong stated before pointing with one arm while still holding the binos. "Those are."

Every one of the scores of armoured cars were towing a mixture of flak and artillery, all obsolete and not one seemed to have been manufactured after the 70s, some were even as old as the 40s.

Regardless it was more then the Commonwealth had fielded in the last year.

"All we need now is the weapon." Wong was heard saying over the quickly rising roar of engines.

MAX
I heard a cannon fire miles away, quickly being followed by many others which split the air like rolling thunder as explosions were seen peppering the giant troop carrier.