Chapter 1

You're standing in front of the library your dad is about to blow up. You've seen him blow up buildings before, but it's still cool. All the workers are shouting and making sure everything is ready for the explosion.

Suddenly you see your mom walking towards the building. No one seems to notice it. You try telling your dad, but no words leave your mouth. Then you try to run towards your mother to stop her, but you can't move. It's as if you're glued to the ground. You try screaming, but still no luck. You hear your dad start counting down. 3... You see your mom waving through a window. 2... You keep trying to tell someone. 1... You close your eyes, not wanting to see what happens next. BOOM

You jump up with a scream. You're in your bed, sweating. "It was just another nightmare," you whisper to yourself while trying to stop the tears. You've had the same nightmare so many times you'd think it wouldn't affect you so much. But it does. It's been six years since your mother died and it's been six years since you started having that nightmare. You check the time. 5:30. "Guess I should get up," you think while stretching.

You get dressed and go downstairs. You enter the kitchen and start looking for food. You find an almost empty box of cereal. You pour it in a bowl and add the milk. You go to the living room and plop down on the couch. While eating you start wondering how your day will go at the new school. You'll probably just avoid everyone, which wouldn't be too hard because no one ever wants to talk to you. But it's still nice to think that maybe you'll find a friend, maybe even more than a friend.

Before you can dive into fantasy land you hear someone coming down the stairs. "Morning sis," JD says while ruffling your hair. Great.

"I hate you," you growl.

"Love ya too," JD chuckles. Unbelievable.

You stand up to wash your bowl in the sink. "So what do you think the new school is like?" you ask JD.

JD thinks a little and then says, "I dunno."

"Seriously? That's all you're gonna say?" you ask him.

He thinks again, "Yes."

Shaking your head you grab a slurpee from the fridge and throw it to him. He catches it and immediately starts sucking on the straw. "You have a serious problem, dude" you tell him. He just shrugs and continues to freeze his brain.

You hear a door open upstairs and footsteps come down. A tired dad walks into the kitchen. "Morning, kids," he yawns.

"Morning, dad," you and JD say in unison.

"Do you want me to drop you off at school?" he asks both, but mostly you, since JD has a motorcycle while you only have legs.

"I think I'll walk today," you say. JD just jingles his keys, indicating that he already has wheels. Lucky bastard.

"Well have a good day then," dad says and walks out the door.

You brush your hair, throw on a jacket and grab your bag. Before leaving you quickly wave at JD and then begin walking. It's pretty cold outside already. You put your hands in your pockets to try and keep them warm. Luckily you don't live too far from the school. You enter the building and are met with total chaos. There are two jocks beating up some nerd, one girl is smoking pot in the corridor and you hear a ton of slurs thrown in every direction. "Just a normal school," you think while trying to squeeze through the crowd.

Suddenly everyone shuts up. They move towards the sides of the hallway creating a passageway in the middle. You don't understand what's going on, but continue walking. You don't get too far until you hear someone say, "Who are you?"

You turn around and see an angel standing in front of you. You look her up and down and then stutter, "I-I'm ga- I MEAN (Y/N)."

The three girls behind her start snickering. "Shut up!" the angel yells. The girls immediately stop. She looks you up and down and you can't help but blush. "I haven't seen you around. Are you new here?" she asks.

You try to get yourself together and say," Yes, I just moved here with my dad and older brother."

"Well then you obviously don't know how things work around here, but here's the first rule: don't get in my way!" she says quite harshly.

You nod vigorously and jump out of her way. She leaves with her three friends without even looking back. You start thinking of her gorgeous face and her amazing voice. "God, I'm so gay for her," you think. You mentally slap yourself, "NO, she obviously wasn't interested in you so keep your lesbian heart at bay!"

You feel a tap on your shoulder and see a chubby girl smiling at you. "Hi, I'm Martha Dunnstock," she says while offering you a hand.

You happily shake her hand and say," Nice to meet you Martha, I'm (Y/N) Dean."

"You're new here, aren't you?" she asks. You nod. "Well I can show you around if you want?" she offers.

"Thanks," you say, smiling. Maybe this school will be different.