Chapter 5: Acchan!

Mariko woke up the next morning anxious to see Hikari one more time. She missed sleeping next to her friend and has grown attached to Hikari. She so desperately wanted to see her. Meanwhile Hikari was with June. They wore kimonos."Hikari this is Sensei-Sensei. He created Akb0048. He also picked you." June explained. There was a colorful giant dualium with two circle lights forming an eye shape. "Well,the fever you had, meant your soul and radiance is ready for succession. Now we shall begin." June explained. June washed Hikari's hair and cut it a little. Hikari was calm but at the same time she desperately wanted to see who she was going to be. Mariko was so anxious to see Hikari's smile again. She thought about Hikari half the days. "Yo." said Yuuko. "You're the next Ooshima Yuuko-san." Mariko said."So Hikari is going to become a successor! Wow! Then we'll all be able to perform together. Hikari-san is so beautiful and caring. I bet she'll become someone cool. But I really want to see her now!" Yuuko said.  "Your a big fan of her right?" Mariko asked. She nodded. "I want to perform with her!" Yuuko exclaimed.  "You want me to tell you about Hikari-chan." Mariko winked. Yuuko's face lit up. The other girls were also ecstatic. "I bet Hikari will be more beautiful." Rie said. "Yup. She's so kind she has to be someone nice." Aki added. "She has lots of fans. I'm one of them but I can't lose to her." Mimi-chan smiled. "I wish that I was more like Hikari, so caring." Haruka added. "So you're admitting that your heartless." Sashiko teased. "Atleast I don't get a weird name like Sashiko." Haruka challenged. "Well if you don't notice a Sashiko can wear almost anything. So it's a great name!" Sashiko counter attacked. "The more we talk, the more I miss Hikari-chan." Rie added sadly. They all sighed. "Takamina to the rescue. Since I am your captain I shall tell you there is nothing to worry about. The great shining Hikari will still be Hikari. That's all you need to remember." Takamina said. "Thanks Captain!" Aki shouted like a kid. They all laughed. Hikari took her new akb0048 uniform and took a deep breath. "This is your name." June gave her a small paper. Hikari gasped. Everyone was ready in their uniform ,the new Understudies that have just turned into successors, and the girls. Mariko was anxious to see who her friend was. "Take a chill pill." Sayaka comforted her. "Hi nyan!" Kojiharu screamed. "That's right, Mariko you have to believe in your friend." Yukirin added. "Nyan!" Mayuyu cheered. "Go for it Mariko!" Tomochin said. "Cool." Sae added. They were up first. "Okay everyone let's go!" Takamina said. Everyone nodded. " Akb0048! (music) Mae mae! massusume!na oni no ho ho ho ho! Itsudate yume wa tooku ni mieru todokani kurai kyou ni kanjiru." they sang. Hikari watched her friends and her new teamates. They were so amazing. She didn't think of them as rivals but her own family."Kimi no le un mare ni. su kake ma gareru hiroku aoi kima kuwaa, kyun the kyun nani nandemo kageye mai kitta mo," they continued. Mariko realized that Hikari would be watching her and put in more effort. "Negai, kanau hiraku ru made. Kawao watere you can do it!" they all finished. Hikari clapped vigorusly. She realized that it was her turn to shine. The lights blacked out. "Thank you all for coming to my succession debut concert. I'm very thrilled that you all came here for me. I honestly thank you. My name Hikari means bright radiance. My mother gave me that name in order to brighten up everyone's day. But today I'm taking on a new name. I'm the 13th to hold........the name of Atsuko Maede!" Hikari announced. "Acchan!" Mariko called out. "She looks so beautiful!" Yuuko added. "Let's go everyone!" Takamina screamed. "Aren't you guys coming?" Mariko asked. "We all graduated." Aki annonounced. "What!?!" Mariko asked. "We all learned from Hikari to chase our dream, this is not our real dream." Mimi-chan explained. "Well I'm glad you'll, be doing what you love. I'm sure Hikari will be too." Mariko smiled then hugged her old group. "Kono kawaihateta daichi no kugunaku ni, kotoba ni ushinatte taichitsu wo shite ita, Kimi no ga saki ni te wo tsukereba ii, zetzsbou no hikari wo sagasu, dokoka ni kami ga iru nara, mou ichido atarashi sekai wo, hoho shi ni kure, soredemo mirai e kaze wa fuiteiru, hoho ni kanjiru, inochi no ibuki, soredemo watashi wa, tsuyoku ikite yuku. kamaa ni kiti nao ka hoho ni shigama shite, konijiyu." they sang. "Please listen to this final song. Kono Namida wo kimi ni sagasu." Acchan announced. "Itsuka no, negai wa, tsuichi no naka de nemutte, yakjsoku yo, jikoku ni, kibou no me ga meru nda, futari ga deatta koro, yume nado made tane datta, dore kurai toki ga sugi bane wo saku no darou, kono namida wo kimi ni sagasu, motto kimi ga kagayaku nara, zutto mimamoetta chimnoku no sora kara, ima boku wa ame ni narou, Mabuta wo tojite mejiri kara, nagareochita atsui mono, ano sora e to nobotte, ukande miru ai ni kaware, kono namida wo, kimi ni sagasu, motto kimi ga kagayaku nara zutto mimamoeteta, chimnoku nosora kar ima boku wa ame ni narou, a kimi ni sagasu, konna boku ni dekiru koto wa, kimi no manashisa wo sukoshi demo iyasu koto, sa boku wa ame ni narou." they sang. The audience spelled the word star. Acchan smiled and allowed herself to shed tears. She saw Youske in the front row and she waved to him. He smiled and waved back. She was as luminous as ever. Acchan went to go say goodbye to ber old teamates. "Thanks Acchan. You taught us to follow our real dreams."Mimi-chan thanked. "The pleasure is all mine Mii-chan." Acchan said shaking her hand. As she waved goodbye Acchan noticed Yuuko staring at her. "Is there something on my face?" Acchan asked confused. "No it's just that you're acchan." Yuuko rushed. "Now Yuuko-san let me tell you about Acchan's boyfriend."Mariko teased. There was a glisten in Yuuko's eyes. "Mariko!" Acchan complained playfully slapping her arm. "Who is it!Tell me Acchan! I'm you're biggest fan!" Yuuko screamed. "Mariko your deadddddddd!" Acchan screamed.

                                                  THE END