Nightmares (Josh x reader)

So far I haven't seen anything for a Joshy boi so there it is! Also, this is a fluff so beware the floofiness. This is a short one too, so it won't be too deep in the thousands. Also, this is a female reader one... I'm sorry guys :(

Josh POV

  It was nighttime when (Name) had fallen asleep. I sat by her bedside, seeing her sound asleep and smiling to myself. I got up, walking to the door and quietly opening it. I looked back to see (Name) still asleep, deciding I should go and fix the leak in the kitchen sink now that she's asleep. I could have slept alongside her, but I felt like I should fix the sink before the morning came.

  I fixed the leak successfully after half an hour of tinkering and analyzing it and heard soft footsteps heading my way. Turning, I see (Name) in an oversized shirt holding the stuffed bear I got her before I disappeared to Jericho. I smiled, but it quickly vanished when I seen the sad look on her face. I stood up and walked over to her, hugging her softly as she buried her face into my chest. "Do you want to talk about it?" I whisper softly, knowing she had another nightmare.

  "I had that nightmare again..." She said quietly and I felt my shirt slightly dampen. "I would never leave you, ever again. We're free now, so now I have no reason to leave you alone." I say while rubbing her back in comforting circles. "I know that but... It was different because he was there. Once you left he knew no one was protecting me and he continued to hurt me. The dream... He was back and it felt so real. The bruising, the words, every hit. It felt so real" she said, referring to her ex boyfriend who abused his use of red ice. He also found it in his interest to abuse her, making it unable to leave until I stepped in.

  "I regret leaving you alone with him, but I'm here now and I would never leave. I love you too much to do that" I coo as her grip on me tightened. "Want to go back to sleep?" I ask and she looks up at me with a tear strained face. "N-no I don't want to... Not right now at least. Can we watch a movie?" She asked in a quiet voice. "Yes, we can do that." I agree and was about to walk but she didn't move. "You want me to carry you, (Name)?" I ask her while holding out my arms.

  "Yes" she said in a quiet voice as she came up to me. "Alright. Jump" I say with my hands around her waist and she jumped and wrapped her legs around my waist like a child. This wasn't too awkward at all... Knowing activities we've already had done together. Her arms were loosely around my neck as the teddy was still in her hand as I carried her into the main room that was connected to the living room. It was a small, comfy apartment fit just for us. No unnecessary large amounts of room either.

  I sat down on the couch as she turned to the side but still on my lap. She laid her head on my chest, most likely to hear the sound of the fan as she waited for me to turn on something to watch. "What would you like to watch?" I ask, switching through different movies that she might want to watch. "(Favorite movie)" she murmured as I found it and turned it on, turning down the high volume to a low background noise. My arms wrapped around her protectively, knowing she enjoys when I do that.

  "Josh?" Her voice asked after a while of being quiet. Her head came off of my chest to look up at me, her (eye color) eyes reflecting from the light of the television. "Yes, (Name)?" I ask, looking away from the screen and to her. "I love you" she said, kissing my cheek. I smiled, yet I knew a blue hue was slightly there yet unnoticeable in the dark room. "I love you too, (Name)" I say quietly while she lays her head back onto my chest. I kiss her hair as the movie plays in the background, not being paid attention to much because when I looked back away from the screen, (name) was already asleep. Her soft snores were heard and I layed back onto one of the pillows. I kicked off my shoes and put my feet up, allowing (Nam) to lay in between my legs as the movie continued to play.

  (Name) nuzzled more into my chest ans I smiles softly, ready to turn on sleep mode. "Goodnight (Name)" I say quietly as I turned on sleep mode and fell asleep, holding her. Even though she may have nightmares, I'll always be there to chase them away.

Now, and Forever. Always.

Requests? Until requests are made, I'll do some of the side characters. I'll most likely do another Connor one, only it'll be an angst. Like, a very sad angst.

Up next: Three times the love (North x female!Reader x Chloe)