Ray Rose

Drip drip drip

I was sitting on a chair in my room at the Cabinet hotel. I had a perfect view of the city at an eagle's eye view. It was also conveniently close to Starling tower, but I didn't really have the opportunity to admire the scenery. I was too busy looking at the knife at my throat. He was twice my size, give or take.

You would think that a city so sophisticated and rich wouldn't have gangs.

I sighed and asked, "How many of you do I have to kill before your boss gives up?" He tightened his grip at my throat.

"Pretty cocky for a guy with a knife at his throat," he snarled. Despite his act and his looks, I knew he was scared. I could tell by his shaking hand. So, I decided to have a little fun. I gave him a choice, heads he'd get to kill me, tails I'd kill him. After I proposed this to him he laughed and prepared to strike at my throat. He raised his knife and brought it towards my throat.

That was his big mistake.

As the knife came down I ducked, caught his hand and pushed it towards his throat. And like that he was dead.

I left the body where it was as a warning. The Dregs would find it sooner or later. I turned around looked outside my window then looked at the clock. It was time.