chapter 9

Rashad

I grabbed my bag out the trunk, that was filled with clothes. Nyla stumbles out the car smelling like shit, I waved my hand in front of me .

"Aye Kain, clean out my car" I said as I grabbed Nyla, at this point I would have to take a shower too, but the warehouse only had one bathroom. Kain walked over to my car and scrunched his face up in disgust.

"Man what the fuck" He said in more of a question and I gave him a look and he went to get stuff to clean it. Good thing I had another car here cause that shit stink, although Lissa gon he questioning why i'm using a different car.

"I'm hungryyy" Nyla said as I walked her inside the warehouse to the bathroom, a few niggas was lookin at us confused but they knew to mind their business, plus they bout to leave.

"Aye everybody go home, see yall tommorow " I said loud enough so they could hear. They sucked their teeth and started to get up and leave.

"Y'all heard him let's go" Kyree said co signing. I continued to take her to the bathroom and opened the door in disgust.

"Man what the fuck, get out" I said to Monte as some ugly bitch sucked him up. She jumped up and ran out in embarrassment and he threw his hands up.

"My bad boss" He said fixing his pants and smirking at Nyla before leaving. I shook my head and turned on the shower for her as she set on the toilet.

"Uh well imma leave, just take a shower and i'll bring you some to wear" I said as I walked and closed the door.

Nyla

I took my shoes off and set them aside. I stripped out the now smelly jumpsuit and stepped in the shower closing the curtain. I cant believe I slipped up and got too drunk and high in front of my boss and that he was nice enough to help me wash up, maybe just to fire me.

"Uh hey i cant see you but here's the clothes and some soap and towel " Rashad said and left out, I pulled the curtain back and grabbed the soap bar box and opened it. I stepped back in and rubbed the soap all over my body, after washing myself for about 3 times I stepped out and grabbed the towel he gave me and dried off. This nigga really gave me some boxers. I put the boxers and joggers on he gave me and put on the big t shit that touched my knees.

I walked out the bathroom and towards the laughter I heard. I seen Kyree and Rashad on some couch laughing and smoking, they turned to me and stopped.

"You ready to go? I cleaned your shoes off " Rashad said holding them up, He must of got them out the bathroom when I was in the shower.

"Uh ye-

"Don't worry about the clothes, i'll wash em and give them back to you" He said standing up and Kyree smirked at Rashad before walking out.

"Thank you so much" I said to him, he didn't have to do this I appreciate him so much I could hug him right now. When I looked up I found myself hugging him and backed away.

"You welcome shorty " He said smirking and motioning for me to follow him out the warehouse. I put on my shoes and followed him to the car and got in. It wasn't the same car we rode in but I didn't really care.

"I live in bankhead" I told him before he could ask. He nodded his head and turned on the radio. I could tell my hair was messy but it was still straight so I didn't mind it.

"So you smoke and drink?" He asked breaking the silence.

"Ye- yeah all the time" I said lying and looking out the window. I heard him chuckled and I looked at him.

"Nyla you ain't gotta lie shorty, don't be doing that shit, don't let Milan get you fired " He said and I just nodded my head like he could see me.

"So i'm not fired?" I asked

"Nah, you was just having a little fun.. too much fun" He said. I noticed we weren't around no where familiar and I just fell asleep.

- - -

I woke up to somebody shaking my shoulder and I looked to see Rashad.

"Wake up, you home" He said and I sat up and opened the car door. " Goodnight Nyla " He said and I got out the car and walked up to my uncle apartment. I knocked on the door rubbing my eyes , he opened it with a angry look and I walked in.

"Where the hell you been Nyla" He asked with anger in his voice and I stood there nervously.

"Mi- Milan with Milan" I said.

"You can't be out Nyla, you're 17 and you won't wearing that when you left " He said and I looked at my clothes and sighed.

"Look i'm sorry Unc, Milan loaned me these after I spilled kool-aid on them" I said lying, I honestly didn't  want to talk about this anymore I was soooooo tired.

"You know what Nyla, i'm tired I got work in the morning just be careful " He said walking off into the hallway. I sighed and went in the fridge and seen that there was food, I checked the freezer and there was more food, I checked the cabinets and there were snacks and canned foods. I smiled at the fact that Unc put food in here, this food would last us a whole 2 months. I looked in the fridge and pulled out a box that had my name on it, it was Buffalo Wild Wings. I heated up the 20 wings and decided on only eating 10.

After I ate my food, I sipped on some water and thought about things. Since there is food, I could possibly buy a phone with my paycheck on Wednesday.  I walked in my room and slid out my shoes that i'm glad Unc didn't notice. I slipped under the covers and dosed off to sleep smiling.