Introduction

(A/N: A couple things before we start:

1: I'll try to have art of the chapter in every chapter if I can. They'll all be mine.

2. If something looks like this: 'This!' , that means it's the readers thoughts.

3. (Y/S) means "your school".)

~~~~(Y/N)'s P.O.V~~~~

I'm really bad at math.

No, I don't mean i'm just a little behind in math like plenty of other kids, getting 70's or lower. I get 30's and maybe a 40 if i'm lucky. And it's not that I don't try. I've worked my ass off to try to get the least bit better. My parents have wasted thousands of dollars on tutors and outside classes, none of which help me. I don't even have any learning disabilities - I get 90's and maybe an 80 in any other subject easily for fucks sake. Yet i'm still constantly failing math. I don't know why, I just don't get math, and i'm so goddamn slow at it too. You'll give me a question like 4+4 and i'd be sitting there for like 2-3 minutes trying to solve it. So, of course, all of this means i've been held back years countless times, get extra training and "special" teachers, and worst of all, summer school.

Why worst of all, you ask? Well, there are a lot of reasons, but i'll just name a few. For starters, the school is a fucking mess in the summer. So much shit is just scattered around in the hallways all the time, providing very little walk space. Ants, flies, and even rodents are haunting the halls and classrooms. And there's the damn teachers. 

There are three in total - Mrs. Staf, Mr. Flint, and Ms. Vans. I only have Ms. Vans, though I have heard horror stories of the other teachers so I know they're shit too. But i'll only waste your time on one.

Vans is a very nice woman, and that's all fine and dandy. But the problem is, she's too nice. Nice in such a way that I don't learn anything from her. I mean, don't get me wrong, the way she teaches is perfectly fine. But unfortunately, she has a lot of trouble enforcing rules and has too much patience with me, so summer school typically ends up not being very helpful in the end.

Speaking of summer school, school had just ended, so all I have to do now is wait for them to mail me - for what, the 10th time now? 8th? I lost count - my schedule and shit, like usual. It didn't take long, a few days or so passed after school ended until my mom walked into the kitchen, her old face tired and disappointed yet again. She threw the envelope she was clutching on the table in front of me, a small, sad smile on her face. Opening it, my face contorted with confusion. I read out loud,

"To the parent or guardian of (Y/N) (L/N), 

We regret to inform you that you're child will be attending summer school due to misbehavior and repeating fails in a subject. Unfortunately, (Y/S) is unable to hold summer school this summer for classified reasons, so your child will be attending Here School in [Address] for summer school. They are expected to show up at 8:00 am on June 24th, 2018. They must bring..." I stopped reading, and groaned in frustration. Mom, who had been sitting across from me, looked up from her cup of coffee.

"What's wrong, honey? You knew this was coming." Disinterest was clear in her voice. I sighed. "I'm going to a different school for summer school this year. Apparently my school can't hold summer school this year. The new school is the...Here School?" I rolled my eyes. "I'll look it up and check it out." I said, absentmindedly fiddling with enevelope. She nodded. "Alright sweetie. I really need to get some work done, so don't disturb me please..." She mumbled, grabbing her coffee and leaving the room. Despite the fact I was worried for  my mother's sanity due to her constantly working all day, I just shrugged it off and grabbed the toast mom tiredly left behind, shoving it in my mouth as I ran upstairs to my room.

Throwing myself into the chair in front of my computer and opening up the browser, I typed in "Here School". Nothing helpful popped up. Of course.

Okay, I'll try "Here School School". Of course, that only succeeded in making my browser history look even more retarded. 

After about a half an hour of trying multiple different variations of "Here School", I still found literally nothing. Helpful. 

'Guess i'll just have to hope I won't die,' Turning off the computer, I stared back at the envelope from earlier, then to the calendar. June 23rd. 

 Better start preparing.