~Chapter 3~

(A/N: WARNING: Death is shortly mentioned in this chapter, so if you're really sensitive to that stuff, watch out for that.)

~~~~(Y/N)'s P.O.V~~~~

Throwing my bag over my shoulder, I grabbed Isaac's arm gently and led him out the classroom. "I'm not blind, you know, there's no need to drag me." Isaac mumbled. I let go quickly, followed by an awkward laugh. "Sorry, just a habit, heh." "Strange habits." He commented.

Looking around, I realized I had no idea where we were going. Glancing at Isaac, he shrugged, pointing to his eyes. "Right. Guess we're going straight." Walking past the other classroom with Isaac following closely behind, I pushed open the yellow doors, then stopped. "Uhm..can you go through here? You only have one notebook." I said, turning to him. He shrugged, and stepped through the door. Silence. "Guess that answers that."

Turning left, I spotted a blue vending machine down the hall. Looking closer, it was labeled "B-Soda - Only 25 cents!". Wow, cheap. "Hey, there's a soda machine down the hall. They're cheap as hell, too." I pointed at it. Isaac stared blankly at where I pointed. "I can't see it, but I trust you. I think." "Wow, thanks." I chuckled, and folllowed him down the hall lined with unused lockers. Stopping in front of it, I started digging into my pocket, grabbing a quarter. "See? It exists. But does it work is the question," I said, shoving the quarter in the slot. It took a few seconds, but eventually we heard a can fall. Smiling a victory smile, I grabbed it from the machine. "Hey, it works. You want one?" He shook his head. "Nah. Could be poisoned, this school is strange." He said. I shrugged, "Suit yourself." Continuing our grand adventure, I slipped a finger under the can tab, about to open it, until I was rudely interrupted.

"GiVe Me ThAt," A bored sounding voice came from behind us. Turning around, a rather large boy blocked the hallway, sporting a orange shirt with blue sleeves, blue jeans way too tight for him, and short brown hair. From the looks of it, he was a bully, with the words "It's A Bully" floating right next to his face. Nudging Isaac, I pointed to the floating words. He groaned softly. "Uh...what?" I said, questioning how he got there or what the hell is wrong with his voice. He pointed to the soda I was holding. "GiVe." Glancing to my soda, then back at him, I glared. "Mine." I hid the precious drink behind my back. The bully frowned, getting impatient. He stepped closer, towering over me and reaching for the drink. Before he could take it from me, he was pulled back.

"No bullying in the halls." A tall man said with a highly monotone voice. Actually, his clothes were monotone too - gray sweater with black tie, black pants and black shoes. His hair was even a dull brown. Looking at his face, I realized he had eyes similar to Isaac's - black voids. What is with this school? No offense to Isaac, of course. "Detention for you. Again. 15 minutes." And like that, the Bully disappeared. Literally. He just teleported. I assume to the detention room. The man sighed, and turned toward us. "I assume you're the new kids here. I'm the Principal of this school. Just follow the rules and we'll get along." He blinked, then pointed to my drink. "Don't drink that in the halls. Or anywhere, really. Or else it's detention for you." And with that he started walking away. I stared at him blankly for a moment, before Isaac yelled out to him. "H-Hey, wait, sir! Uh..what are the rules?" He stopped, turning back to us, and raised an eyebrow. "There's a poster right in front of you stating the rules. You came here to learn how to do math, not how to read." Isaac flushed and nodded as Principal walked away, whistling to himself. Isaac looked at the nearby poster.

"No entering staff only rooms, no drinking, no running, no bullying, no...breaking the fourth wall?" Isaac frowned, and turned to me. I squinted. "Weird. But we should probably get going." Isaac nodded, and we headed towards the end of the hallway. Coming upon two more hallways going left and right, we decided to head the opposite of where the Principal went - right. Turning into the hallway, I started some small talk.