For You

(Y/n)'s POV

I crept into the kitchen and leaned against the wall to hear what my mother would say to Jonathan.

"Listen, I don't know who you think you are but my daughter is ill. You can't just expect me to think you magically healed her in that short amount of time." My mother snapped causing me to groan and roll my eyes.

Jonathan's gonna hate me if she keeps this up.

"I didn't confess to healing your daughter, I said that she doesn't need to be in a mental institution with schizophrenic murderers. She simply has a slight case of multiple personalites and anger issues." Jonathan said calmly and plainly.

My mother scoffed.

"So she doesn't need to see doctors anymore? What am I supposed to do with her if she becomes insane again, doctor?" My mom said almost mocking him.

"Your daughter and I have discussed this. I will come once a week to take her to Arkham for an hour session. In addition, if she feels the need she can call me for extra appointments." Jonathan said with a hint of agitation.

"Hey mom? Is the dishwasher clean?" I yelled from the kitchen hoping to get Jonathan out of the terrible conversation.

"I'll be there in a second!" My mom yelled back angrily before talking to Jonathan again. "So I suspect you'll want me to pay for these sessions."

"No, I do not. Believe it or not I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart because I want your daughter to get better." Jonathan said making me smile. "Now if you'll excuse me I have other things to attend to. Good day."

And with that Jonathan left.

~~~

Even though I had only been in Arkham for about a month being home was like having to adapt to a new environment.

I remembered where everything was, obviously, but it was strange seeing everything my old life consisted of and being able to walk around so much instead of being confined to one room.

"We're gonna go out for dinner at 5:30. Where ever you want. Sound good, sweetie?" My mom asked doing things about the kitchen as I sat at the table going through my phone that had been returned to me.

"Yeah, sounds great." I responded even though it sounded like hell.

"And dad will be there too since he'll be off of work by then. It'll be a nice family dinner, like the old times." My mom said dreamily.

Old times? I have never had a nice family dinner since I was ten. They always consist of silence, a few mumbles about how good dinner was (even if it wasn't), and somehow ended in an argument.

"Um, I'm gonna go up to my bedroom if that's okay?" I said as more of a question.

"Of course, honey."

I quickly ran to my room and closed the door before jumping into my bed.

After laying face down on the bed for a few minutes I pulled myself out of bed and sat down at my desk.

I typed away and eventually found the Arkham Asylum website.

After clicking around for a couple of minutes I found the psychiatrist section and right at the top was Jonathan.

I smiled at his serious picture before scrolling down to find his phone number.

Quickly I typed it into my phone but hesitated over the call button.

Am I calling too soon? I don't want to seem too desperate or needy...

I groaned and put my phone down before putting my hands in my hair.