Chapter II

You have landed in France.

"(Y/n), wake up," James was shaking me gently as he woke me up. "Are we there already?" I said as I turned to him. He nodded in a response. I stood up from my seat and offered a hand to help James up. I picked up my violin and we left the plane, saying thank you to the pilot.

The both of us exited the airport and took a look at the city of love. "Wow, France looks more amazing than I expected it to be," I said as I continued to look around. James looked at me as I was enjoying myself then he held my hand. "(Y/n), we should find a hotel before the sun sets," he said getting my attention. "Yeah, you're right. While we're doing that, let's find some food to eat as well," I replied.

We walked to a bakery that was called Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserue and went inside. Inside was a girl in blue pigtails who was taking people's orders. James and I stood in line and were deciding on what we could eat. "Hello, I'm Marinette. How may I help you?" The girl gave us a sincere smile as she took our orders. "We'll have two chocolate filled crossaints and a box of macaroons please," said James.

"Anything else you would like?"

"That would be all."

I decided to pay for the pastries since James was the one who ordered. We took our seats at an empty table near the window. I set my violin down as it stands up besides my seat and looked at James who admired the view outside. Sometimes I would just wonder what goes on in his mind.

(James's POV)
"The city of love, huh?" I mumbled to myself. I looked at (y/n) who was making eye contact with me. I wonder if I should confess my feelings for her... Would she feel the same way? I made a huge sigh and said, "Um, (y/n)...?"

"Yes?" She replied. No, not yet. It's not the right time for me to do it. "N-Never mind," I said as I played around with my fingers. "James, are you alright?" I looked up at (y/n), her eyes full of worry. All I did was nod and smile. "If there's something wrong, you can talk to me, okay?" I nodded again. I began thinking of all the memories I've made with her since we were kids, but I was interrupted by a huge THUD!

(Reader's POV)
"Ah, I'm so sorry! Clumsy little me," said Marinette as she brought us our pastries. "No worries! You didn't do any harm," I said as I opened my violin case, "See? You don't have to apologize," I smiled at her. "You play the violin?" She asks. I nodded.

"I know someone who plays guitar. He's playing at the theater tomorrow." I was interested in knowing who this guitarist was. "James and I are playing at the theater too!" I told her in excitement. "That's cool! I'm going to the show to see the performances. I'd be happy to introduce you to him if you want," offered Marinette. "I'd love to meet him," I said as I closed my case. I took the boxes from Marinette and gave one to James.

"Thank you for your service, Marinette," I said, standing up. "You're welcome... Um–" "(Y/n)" "You're welcome, (y/n)! I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow?," asked the girl. "That's correct. Au revior!" James and I left the bakery and went to the nearest hotel. We went to open our door to see a tidy, white room. I set my violin down and took the box from James to put it down on the counter.

"James, you've been quiet since we've left the bakery. Are you sure you're okay?" I said, turning to him. All he did was give me a nod. "I'm going to change. I'll be back, okay?" I went into the restroom to change into a comfy pair of pajamas and an oversized t-shirt. I opened the door and closed it back.

I opened one of the boxes that had the two crossaints. I took one and gave the other to James, who sat quietly on the bed. He looked up at me and took it. He scooted over and patted the area, telling me to sit by him. We didn't talk for the rest of the night. As we got ourselves settled for sleep, the only words we said to each other were, "Goodnight."