Chapter IV

I looked around to see other performers getting ready for their share in the spotlight. While I was busy looking around, I accidentally bumped my case with a guitar case. Before it fell over, a guy with black hair and tips dyed in blue caught it in time. I stood there as his deep blue eyes looked at me.

"O-Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I blushed. "I just–" I was interrupted. "It's alright," he said, then he looked at my instrument. "Violin, huh?" Still blushing, I nodded. "That's pretty cool." He chuckled for a bit, then let out his hand. "Luka." Slowly, I took his hand and shook it. "(Y/n). It's nice to meet you," I said with a smile. "It's cool to meet you too, (y/n). Are you performing alone?" I shook my head no and looked at James, who was glaring at me. I gave him the signal to come stand beside me and he did. "This is James. He's my best friend and my pianist. James, this is Luka."

(James's POV)
"Cool to meet ya," Luka said as he let out his hand for me to shake. I didn't want to, so I didn't. "Yeah, whatever," I said with my arms crossed. I stood beside (y/n) and watched as Luka frowned at me and left to perform. As he was leaving, I heard her telling him good luck.

I gotta be honest. I get jealous very easily. I wasn't used to seeing (y/n) talking to other guys, even for a little bit because, well, I was pretty much the only dude she talked to as we grew up. Whenever she talked to another guy, I could feel her slowly slipping away from me.

(Reader's POV)
I noticed that James was lost in his thoughts again, so I decided to tug his arm a bit. "James, is something wrong?" He's my best friend, so of course I was concerned about him. He just looked at me and shook his head no. "Why did you act like that in front of Luka?" He still looked at me, but his facial expression changed. "Act like what?" He asked with an attitude. I knew something was going on. "Like a total jerk," I replied with my arms crossed. "I've never seen you refuse a little handshake. It's not like you."

"So you think I'm a jerk now, huh?" He started to get furious. "James, calm down. Tell me what's going on." At the moment he opened his mouth to talk back, the sounds of an electric guitar were heard on the stage.

(James's POV)
"It's Luka!" I watched as (y/n) left my side to watch the dude play his noise maker. "James, come check it out!" She said as she waved her hand at me. "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm just gonna go look over my sheet music." I turned my back on her, but she came to pull my arm again. "Don't you think we've had enough practice? The effort we gave at the music shop was already enough."

"I just need to look over my notes one more time," I said with my empty fist clenched, "Just go enjoy your boyfriend's performance and leave me alone." I walked away to the empty piano, leaving (y/n) behind.

(Reader's POV)
B-Boyfriend?! What did he mean by that?

The applause and cheering from the audience was heard from the stage. I went back to check on Luka and saw him giving his final bow as he waved to the crowd. From where he was standing, he looked behind the curtains, seeing me gazing upon him back stage. Seconds after we made eye contact, I walked away quickly as I blushed. My heart was beating at a fast rate.

When I finally had the time to relax, I felt someone touching my shoulder. "Hey, (y/n)." I turned around to see that it was Luka. "Oh, um, h-hey Luka!" I said as I rubbed behind my neck, "You were really rocking it out there!"

"Thanks," he said as he looked around me, "Where's your piano guy?" I stopped acting all shy and started thinking about him as well. "Oh, James? He's rehearsing in the back. I have to go check on him, so bye for now!" Before I left Luka, he wished James and I good luck. I smiled at him then went to check on James.