Chapter 2

I kinda want to continue this story to see how it'll go tbh :3
I'll keep it running for a while and see how you guys like it.
Are y'all prepared for Jace? ;))
He may not be as you guys would expect but his sexiness will make up for it ;)))))))

LEGGO.

I stood still as Alice pulled the pale yellow dress over me,a weight in the pit of my heart. I heard the rustle of maids hurriedly packing my things in the next room as Alice fixes my corset up.
I can't find it in myself to complain or wince about it. She finishes quickly and I slowly drag myself into the bathroom where Alice puts the finishing touches on my makeup and hair. She turns me to face my reflection in the mirror and I take in my appearance emotionlessly.
The gown flows over me,hugging my slight curves. My hair is set in its natural curls going to my waist.
My face looked natural and sweet,contrasting with my emotionless expression. I looked pretty,sure-but I looked young.
Like a little girl,I thought bitterly. A little girl who shouldn't be getting married.

I focus on Alice's reflection and I notice the sad look in her blue eyes. I turn and take her gently by the shoulders.
"Alice-don't be upset,I'll convince father to let me take you with me." I say fiercely but she just smiles sadly.

"Clarissa,I can't go with you everywhere. It's time for you to move on,sweetie, I can't be with you everywhere you go for the rest of your life. You'll be okay,I know you will."
I smile softly and hug her,crushing her small frame to mine. For a moment-I don't even register that she called me by my name.

I walk slowly,my shoes clacking against the marble staircase. Jonathon and Valentine are waiting at the bottom,looking up at me. Valentine looks immensely satisfied and Jonathon just looks indifferent,like always. I reach the end and straighten myself up,trying to look unafraid.
Inside my heart is pounding,screaming to get out. But I can't escape my fate.

I turn towards Jonathon and am surprised by the hug he draws me into.
It's unnecessarily tight and,for a moment, I actually think I might miss him. "I'm sorry." He whispers lowly and I close my eyes briefly,my heart clenching. If only he felt like that when father was setting up the engagement.

I let go of him and turn to Valentine. I don't hug him-I feel no need to. I simply nod and he does the same.
"Behave,Clarissa." Is all he says.
I clench my teeth and turn,where all the housemaids are lining up.
They smile faintly at me and I smile back. They were my only companions in this god-forsaken castle and now I have to leave them also.

Picking up my skirts,I walk out with my head held high. Towards my new life,away from the old. If only I knew which one would turn out worse.

o.O.o

The carriage is long and dull. I stare blankly out at the rich green countryside,blurred slightly by the speed of the horses. This is the farthest I've ever been outside of the Morgernstern castle but I can't find myself to whoop in delight like I would've done not so long ago.

I lean forward and push aside the curtain that separates the horse master and I. "How much more time until we arrive in the Herondale land?" I ask.
He turns his head slightly towards me,hands still firmly grasping the reigns.
"We are in the middle of the Verlac kingdom,your Highness, so we shall arrive at the Herondale land soon and arrive at his castle in 2 hours."
I leaned back and sink against the plush velvet seat,slightly in shock at the words "Your Highness."
That's what I was now,I was a queen.
And I was escaping Valentine,it sounds like all of my dreams come true.
Well-except the part where I'm getting married to one of the scariest kings in Idris.

I stay silent for the rest of the ride,dreading about everything coming to me.

   o.O.o