part I | "Why are you so obnoxious?"

hi, it's the author from •trapped•, dani
I wanted to write a soulmate au.

pls vote and comment so i'll be happy <3

even though this is an au, it's incorporated into the canon universe so they're in space and all that.

check the description for the details of how this au works

also i think keith is kinda pining in the canon universe so that's how this is gonna go

also lance is an overcompensating, clueless bisexual

question: should i write smut in this story?

—————————

"Ugh," Lance stared at his empty wrist. "I hate space, my soulmate is almost certainly stuck on Earth, and I'm out here in space..."

"I don't get what the hype is about soulmates," Keith groaned.

"Are you kidding?" Lance yelled. "Everyone wants to find their soulmate!"

"Not me," Keith and Pidge said, simultaneously.

"Technology never lets you down," Pidge cooed, stroking whatever weird nerd thing she had in her hands. "The details in the coding and the way the pieces fit together seamlessly... it's amazing."

"You think she's short? Or maybe a redhead? What if she has a rare eye color? What if-" Lance started before getting interrupted by Keith.

"Lance, no one cares about your soulmate."

"Well, excuse me for holding onto some hope of finding her, something everyone else has clearly given up on!"

"We're millions of light years away from Earth, Lance, just give it up."

"You don't get it!"

"You're right, I don't, because it's pointless to waste time trying to understand it. Just give up on trying to find her, it won't happen."

"But, what if, Keith? Like one day, I kiss a girl and then suddenly a heart appears on my wrist. I wonder what color she'd like. Would it be cute like pink, mysterious black, bold red, lively yellow? Ahh, I'm so excited to meet her," Lance rambled, wistfully.

"Kids, kids, settle down," Shiro scolded the bickering paladins. "No fighting when we finally have a day off, please."

"Space da-" Pidge started.

"Pidge," Shiro raised an eyebrow. The other paladins snickered.

"Shiro!" Allura called from another room.

"I'll be going, then," Shiro waved at the paladins.

"Hey Pidge," Lance gestured over to the table she was standing by. "Can you hand me that notebook and pen?"

"This?" she asked before inspecting the 10 color pen and worn notebook.

"Yeah," Lance said, catching the pen and book.

He began doodling small hearts on the faded and yellowing pages, switching colors when he began a new one. He took the pen, switched the color to blue, and inked in small, blue hearts on both wrists, something that was pretty easy to do due to him being ambidextrous.

"You really think your soulmate would like the same color as you?" Keith scoffed, peering over at Lance's wrists.

"Jeez, Keith, would you let me daydream a bit?"

"Not if it's about something as obnoxious and meaningless as soulmates. What if she doesn't even like you? Or you don't get along? Or you guys think the other is ugly?"