part II | "What do I do?"

s l o w b u r n guys
it'll take a while for klance moments so just chill y'all

also if there is o n e more comment about hiM pronouns not hEr i'll cry uwu like it was funny the first couple times lmao but lancey lance doesn't know his soulmate's a dude i mean hey maybe it is a girl. i mean i am the queen of plot twists.

also: as far as smut goes, i'm gonna have some steamy moments but not like swords, blasters, and the whole shebang and it's gonna be when it's needed so later yeah

vote and comment or whatever or not, i can just cry

also this is gonna be a bit slow so be patient and don't rush me otherwise i'll freak out and ruin the story to try to please everyone

the original title for this was "you never know" but i changed it to "what do i do?" because i want it to be a question every time so yay, consistency

———————————

"I don't know, maybe a strong woman," Lance said, thinking hard. "Actually, just between you and me, I think I might want a girl that can rely on me. Not like weak or anything, but a girl that will balance me out."

"But don't you like Allura? Isn't she a powerful space princess?" Hunk asked.

"Well, yeah, but..." Lance trailed off.

"So why do you like her?"

"She's pretty and brave and strong, who wouldn't like her?"

"What about your soulmate? Would your feelings for Allura change when you find your soulmate?"

"I... don't know. Maybe she is my soulmate!"

"Maybe."

"I have to find a way to kiss her!"

"How would your soulmate be an alien? Isn't there like a thing where your soulmate has to be born on Earth?"

"Says who?"

"Isn't it, like, a soulmate rule?"

"But what if?"

"Lance, Alteans don't even have soulmates."

"Why not? I mean, you never know."

Hunk sighed.

"Isn't that called, like, wishful thinking or something?"

"Probably," Lance's brows tilted upwards. "It's just that, I'd do anything to find my soulmate, it's a burning curiosity that's bothering me so much. I've already spent so much energy trying to find her and it's finally dawning on me that there's a good chance I won't ever find her."

Hunk's eyes widened. He stayed silent and patted Lance on the back and gave a weak smile. He wasn't sure what Lance wanted to hear or even anything to say in this general situation. Hunk hadn't found his soulmate but he wasn't in any rush to find her either, so he couldn't quite understand how Lance felt.

"I'm serious, I'd do anything to find her," Lance sighed and slumped further into his seat.

"What if it's not a her?" Hunk said, carefully. "I'm not saying anything about you, but plenty of people have soulmates that are the same gender as themselves. I don't think fate cares about whether your soulmate is a dude or a chick."

Lance's face flushed briefly as he proceeded the new information.

"A guy...?" Lance slightly stuttered. "I hadn't thought of my soulmate being a... guy. I mean my Tío Esteban's soulmate is a guy, Martín, but I never thought that I could have a male soulmate."