two - reply

day 2

the next day, calum woke up next to ashton. his arm was around him, and their legs were tangled under the covers.
"what the fuck—ashton, did you get into bed with me again?" he said angrily, pushing ashton out of bed.
"sorry," he murmured.

calum sighed. he thought of you. it relaxed him.

the doorbell rung. the old, rusty doorbell that had barely any sound. it sounded like someone trying to whistle but fail.
"i'll get it," said luke, heading downstairs. michael was still asleep, but no one bothered to wake him. his hair was messy but still colourful, and he was twisted into the blanket, like a trap.

"it's for you, calum. it's y/n,"
"oh" calum went downstairs and greeted you at the door as luke went back to bed.
"so i thought about yesterday and...here's my answer," you said, handing over a rose.
"what does it mean? yes?" asked calum in confusion.
"figure it out. i haven't quite learnt myself," you smirked.

calum closed the door as you began to walk off, impossible to wipe the look from your face. he looked at the rose; it was perfect like you. the petals were delicate, but not about to fall off. the stem had no thorns, it was smooth and nice to hold. it neither drooped nor looked dead, and that made calum happy.

questions still made him confused.
'"figure it out. i haven't quite learnt myself,"'
what did you mean?

calum also pondered this question while crossing the street, so much he couldn't see the car speeding toward him.