O N E

THIRD PERSON's POV:

The sky was a cloudy gray, sun hiding away from the humans that littered the world beneath. Underneath a tree sat a male, a painter, as he sketched the flowers across the field.

On the park bench, out in the open, sat a woman. A writer. Brainstorming on what her next written adventure would be about.

Maybe the two crossed paths, maybe they didn't. Only fate decides for them, but what if one doesn't believe in faith?

Then what do they believe in?

Coincidence.

The man was getting pissed at his lack of inspiration, the only one helping him was the woman, but only if she'd quit moving, he thought.

The pressure was building on them both, she had to finish a project. He was on a deadline.

"Create something new and inspiring. Something that invokes emotion." They were both told that, but from different people for different reasons.

One is for the fame, the other just needed an A.

Parents pulled their upset children from the playgrounds as the sky started to sprinkle, ushering them to the car. Only then, it started pouring a minute later.

"Tch, I'll have to finish this another time." Levi thought to himself, wrapping his piece and pulled out his umbrella.

The park was almost empty. Except for two people who remained.

Levi muttered to himself, "The hell is she doing?"

The man shrugged and thought nothing of it, getting ready to head back to his car until he heard the woman sneeze. Slightly irritated with how poor her health choices were, Levi walked over to her as she was grumbling to herself.

"This piece won't ever cut it! I just need to write one lousy story for this final and then I graduate." The brunette sneezed at the end as she wiped her nose with her sleeve.

Levi visibly cringed as he resisted the urge to tear off her jacket and clean it off then and there. He cleared his throat, she didn't notice. He held his umbrella over her head as the girl looked up at him with her brown eyes.

"You're gonna catch a cold."

She looked around her, "Oh, I didn't notice it was raining. Whoops?" Her hand scratched behind her head as she gave a loopy grin.

"Are you serious?" He asked, "Then get sick."

Without another thought, he walked off to leave her. His hand clenching his portfolio as he heard the stranger.

"Whoa, whoa!" The brown-eyed woman gathered her stuff and ran after him, "You're joking, right?"

"No."

She laughed and held out her hand, "I like you, I'm Hanji Zoe."

He glanced at her wet hand and decided to take it against better judgment, "Levi Ackerman, and your glasses are all fogged up."

Hanji looked at him and threw her head back in laughter, "I think we're gonna get along just fine."

"Oi, get off of me!" He yelled as the two walked off, the sun peeking behind the clouds as the rain decided to let up.

He thinks it was fate.

She thinks it's coincidence.

Instagram: levihansociety
Published: 01/01/2021
Word Count: 524 words