Ralph

I heard a knock on my door and groaned as I set up. I slipped my bunny slippers on and grabbed my robe as I walked to the door.

"I swear if this is my landlord I'll kill him." I whispered as I peaked through the hole.

Outside I saw my best friend Ralph looking around. I smiled as I open the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked leaning against the door.

"I'm the new hero!" He exclaimed dragging me inside.

"What?"  I asked as I looked up at him shocked.

"I am the new hero going around and saving people. The flash would but he is in jail, so."

"Okay slow down. Your the new hero? How didn't I know?" I asked shocked.

"Well I wasn't gonna tell you when I saved you. I mean I wouldn't have got that kiss if I had." He said with a laugh.

"Oh my god..... I kissed my best friend. I kissed you, excuse me I need to brush my teeth." I said running to the bathroom.

A week ago I had been held captive by a meta while I worked on a case with Joe West. The hero I only knew as "the stretchy guy" saved me and I thanked him by kissing him. Now that I know the guy is my childhood crush I couldn't stop blushing.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you when I first got my powers. I should have, I mean your my best friend, and the only one who stayed by my side.....don't hate me please." He said from the other side of the door.

"I don't hate you.... I'm just shocked I kissed my best friend." I said as I looked into the mirror.

"Well if it helps it was the best kiss I've ever had." He said with a laugh.

"That doesn't help. Why didn't you stop me? I mean I asked to kiss you." I said as I looked towards the door.

"Well..... I was... sort of shocked that you had asked me to kiss you, and.... I couldn't stop myself from saying yes." He said with a chuckle.

I open the door to see him with a blush and a smile on his face.

"Ralph Dibny did you want to kiss me?" I asked with a smirk.

"What? No! Your my best friend! Why would I! I would never!..... yes maybe a little. I was curious how it would feel to kiss the girl I've loved since we met.... I didn't mean that! I.... um.... can you pretend you didn't hear me say that?" He asked as he started to stutter.

"The girl you have loved since you met her, as in you still love me?" I asked looking up at him shocked.

"Yes, I have since you stood up for me.... I thought I was over it, but you have this weird way of making me love you." He said softly.

"Want to know my secret?" I asked with a smile.

"Sure." He said smiling down at me.

"I've loved you since you punched my brother in the face." I said with a laugh.

He laughed as he leaned down and gently pressed his lips against mine in a slow and passionate kiss. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. After a few minutes we pulled away for air.

"That was so much better than the first one." He said with a smile.

"I don't know I think kissing that hero was pretty good." I said with a smirk.

"Well then I guess I better kiss you more so you think I'm better." He said with a laugh.

I laughed as he leaned down and kissed me again.