1- The Start of "The End" [Part II]

That day, Shivaay came to the office earlier than usual. He tried his best to keep his mind engrossed in his work, but the ache in his heart remained there.

"Ughh!" He exclaimed at-last, losing his casual temper. "Where is that idiot? Why isn't he here yet?" Anger flared from him as he interrogated to his secretary through the office telephone.

His face grew redder with each second, as he listened to his secretary. "Okay. Just—I want him inside my office the minute he enters the building. Is that clear? Good."

Oh God, he thought. I knew this was gonna backfire, then also Rudy sent him there...and If this ruins, then so is Rudy.

"You—where were you? I told you this was a bad idea, then also you listened to your over-intelligent brain and went...like, just...couldn't you even ask me for one last time?" Shivaay frowned as the man in front of him only, shrugged his shoulders in answer.

"Omkara! I'm talking to you. Is there ANYONE left in this whole planet now, who can really—listen to me?"

Omkara took a seat across the desk and placed his feet on the chair in front of him. "Shivaay, you need to calm down bro. Rudra suggested the plan, but with massive loopholes in it. So, I took the charge and now I've filled them."

Shivaay narrowed his blue eyes at him. "What did you do? And why isn't your phone working? I had to inform my secretary to locate where you were."

"The phone? I don't know...the battery must've died." Omkara replied as he tied the upper half of his hair in a man bun.

"That wasn't the only question I asked Om. Damn, I think I'm going crazy...both of you surely, are going to be the death of me." Shivaay muttered, taking his seat behind the desk.

"I will answer each and every question you ask the minute you cool that burning head of yours." Omkara replied as he leaned above the desk to offer Shivaay, a glass of water.

Shivaay took the offered glass from his brother to drink it, draining all of its contain in a single gulp. "Ok. I'm good now...all cool down. Now, explain."

Omkara eyed his older brother with a curious glance before starting with an explanation. "Yes, Rudra suggested for me to go...which I didn't an—"

"You didn't. Thank go—"

"Shivaay? You need to listen to the whole thing before interrupting me in the future, or I'm out of this room the minute you do it again."

Shivaay rolled his eyes as he teased, "Okay Omkara. God, you truly sound like an older brother to me right now."

"Hmm...back to the explain thing, I didn't go because I knew this was gonna come out in the future eventually, and if that happens then our plan could backfire. But...I didn't even sabotage it, just sent someone else and not—me."

Shivaay asked "Whom did you send? Is that done though?" He raked a hand through his hair in a nervous gesture.

"Haven't got anything till now. I'd told him to inform us here after the job is done." The office telephone suddenly chimed, startling them both and Omkara attained the caller.

When Shivaay lifted his brow in question, Omkara replied "He's here. Seems like all is well."

"Hope so."

The man entered the room and stood in front of the brothers, waiting for an interrogation.

"Is the job done?" questioned Shivaay, eagerly.

"Sir, I did the job. I gave her that letter personally and even wished her."

Omkara asked, "Did she get any suspicious?"