chapter sixteen ; real life

" hey danny. " at the call of his name he turns his head to the source of the voice in his quiet hospital room setting the book he was reading aside as he smiles brightly when he sees the figure standing in the doorway , " how're you doing today ?? " it's tom of course , who had promised while his minor injuries we're healing he'd come visit the red head as often as he could . which turned out to be very often ( not that he was complaining ) .

" my ribs still sting a bit but i've felt worse . " he offers a small awkward smile to him , one the brunette returns almost immediately , warm and bright as ever , and it makes those same butterflies form in his stomach again as he walks over to the small white bed he's laying on . danny moves his feet slightly so the other male can sit , tilting his head and cocking a thin brow his way when he finally notices the small box in his hands , " you didn't have to bring me anything you kn - "

" i know , " he cuts the red head off suddenly , a gleam of mischief sparkling in his brown eyes tough some how they still hold the same amount of caring as when he walked in , " but i wanted to . . . so please just accept it , i think it's something you'll really like . " he slowly takes the package from the other and opens it , laughing softly at the treats he sees inside ; pomegranate tarts . his face breaks out into another big smile as he looks up at tom in glee , trying not to think too much about the close proximity of their faces .

" how did you know these were my favorite ?? did debs tell you ?? " he immediately grabs one out of the box , mouth watering at the sight of them , and takes a bite of it . it's sweet and sugary just how he likes it , something that makes his face flush just thinking about tom taking the time to go get him something like that . he offers the box to the other who reluctantly takes a tart out ( because it's daniel's gift not his but whatever it'll make him happy so of course tom'll do it ) .

" possibly , " he chuckles licking his lips to catch the powdered sugar that stuck there . tom shifts a bit on the bed , danny following him until their both laying back against the soft pillows behind them , the brunette's head resting on the other's shoulder . daniel shakes his head softly as if the reply he was given upset him , which it did anything but that if it wasn't obvious by the grin on his lips and the laugh causing his shoulders to shake .

" of course , i shouldn't have expected anything else . " danny finishes his tart with a yawn as the medication starts to kick in again and he doses off against tom's shoulder . the brunette smiles watching him sleep before he follows him , head resting against the other's , knowing full well he couldn't move because he didn't want to wake him .  and of course that's how veronica finds them an hour later when she finally shows up to see danny , snickering softly to herself as she snaps a quick pick of the two boys fast asleep with the tarts left forgotten in their laps and an arm around each other .

_______________________

guess what ?? we're getting back on track w/ this story finally lol

ignore the shittyness it's been a while

dedicated to my bbys conorsfranta && gloomed ily2