I stumble into the closest bar,it's called Shot.The neon sign was visible from the park and I couldn't resist.Sadly though,I regret leaving my half-eaten baked potato.

I didn't really care what I was wearing,aka my denim jacket and my long gray t-shirt that stopped right at my knees.My hair was in a messy bun,so technichally these are my pyjamas.

The club is pumping with EDM,the smell of alcohol and sweat wafting throughout the hair.Since it was in the middle of the night,everyone was already in maybe phase 3 or 4 of drunkness.

I found the bar at the corner of the room and plopped myself at on of the stools,slamming my palm on the table in the process.The bartender was right infront of me.

"Vieux Carre,"I say to him.He nods and walks away to make my drink.The beer was starting to seep in at this time,but I am not tipsy.Yet.

Moments later,he comes back with a glass of it which I eagerly chug.I haven't been this desperate for a cocktail ever.I also haven't stepped in to a bar in about 10 months.I normally drink back at home.

Now I see why I should go here more often.People are making you drinks,and everyone else is drunk.No one can tell you to stop.

And I didn't stop.I asked for a bottle of liquor to the bartender.At this point,boom.I was fully intoxicated.I grabbed one more glass of liquor and made my way to the dance floor.

The EDM has not slowed down a tiny bit.My drink is sloshing everywhere and I can feel my body lose it's sense of balance.Everything that was on my mind—gone.

From Soojung leaving and school,the only thing I know was this thirst that needed to be quenched.

Laughing hysterically I stumbled once more to the bartender.

"3...shots of..."my words were slurring.I was more than tipsy or drunk.The bartender took note and sat me down.

"Sorry miss,we need to hold back on your drinks,"he said and I deadshot glared at him.

"Vodka!"I finished my unfinished sentence.The bartender chuckled at my antics and instead handed me a glass of water.

I was too drunk to realise it was water and downed it instantly.It's going to take a lot more water for me to calm down.

[ Beep beep beep ]

Soojung.I shuffle through my pockets and pick up the phone.Usually,I try to make it sound like I am totally sober,but tonight,there was no need for control.

"SOOJUNG!"I screamed through the phone.

"Jesus christ,my right eardrum is broken now."

"Hah!I'm having such a good time!"

"Oh no Jae.Are you in a bar?"

"Duh!It's been forever!"Wow the truth really comes out when you are drunk,huh?

"Not again.Where are you?"I drop my phone,but don't hang up.Sweat beads are trickling on my forehead as I try to regain composure.

Little did I know,the bartender picked up my phone.

"Jae?JAE?!"

"Hello Miss...Soojung?Was that your name?"

"Who the hell is this?"

"Relax,I am the bartender of Shot,where your friend Jae is currently at."

"Shit.How is she?"

"Well she passed out.This is her like...7th drink.I gave her some water just now."

"Thanks.Hey,I'm really busy tonight,I have a flight to Atlanta tomorrow.Is it possible that you watch over her tonight,is this too much to ask?"

"It's fine.There's this break room with a couch.I'll set her down there."

"Thanks,I owe you alot.Can you text me your number through here?"

"Sure."

"Oh yeah,what's your name?"

"My name is..."

—chapter end.

a bit of a cliffhanger!who do you think the bartender is?and what will the bartender have to do with the story?do you think he's a main character or just an extra?