Return to Shadizar

FROM AQUILONIA TO EQUESTRIA

Chapter 2: Return to Shadizar

Dead weight, that's how Conan considered Fleur de Lis. He would not be able to enter any city with the striking creature as it would attract much attention, even if he were to cover her with cloths this would also be suspicious.

At first he was shocked when the unicorn told him that some unicorns knew how to locate gems and gemstones with their magic, however, she was only doing some levitating.

"Dead weight," Conan muttered quietly, having to abide by his barbaric code of honor that forced him to help any woman in distress, and though the creature could not be classified as a woman, it was no ordinary animal either.

Fleur de Lis could not hear what the man whispered to himself, but she could imagine it. What most outraged her after recovering from the shock of seeing herself on another planet/dimension was the fact that the coarse man did not consider her magic or her previous work as a special guard of the capital as something useful.

"This is so humiliating, but I have no choice but to trust this guy."

There was only one place where the creature would be accepted, and Conan moved quickly to that place: Shadizar.

The young Queen Jehnna was very happy to see the man who was her first love, although she knew deep down that the giant would never correspond to her feelings.

Zula, the captain of the royal guard; Akiro, the court magician; and Malak, the palace jester, were also pleased to see their friend.

After the greetings, Conan removed the furs that covered what appeared to be a horse and all of Conan's friends, including the queen, drowned out a cry of surprise. And if that were not enough, they almost fell backwards as they heard the unicorn present herself in a very polite manner and ask for her majesty's favor.

"Of course... any friend of Shadizar's hero will have my protection and help," said Jehnna, who was very impressed.

The young monarch invited Conan and his strange companion to a royal dinner, trying to be very subtle as she did not know how to deal with such an exotic guest.

Fleur de Lis correctly read Jehnna's expression of concern, giving her and those present a brief description of her world and her customs, especially those concerning food and rest. She did not want to be treated like an animal by giving her water in a bucket or to be sent to sleep in a simple pen.

"There are some magical creatures in this world," said the old magician Akiro. "None as smart or charming, though."

"You are very kind..."

Akiro was very interested in Fleur de Lis because of its magical nature and they had a pleasant conversation, while on the other hand the fierce and noble Azula, together with Malak, asked their enormous friend for more details of their meeting.

"...And that's the story," said the Cimmerian. "From the black forest to here, Fleur de Lis and I came all the way."

"You went all the way alone!" Jehnna suddenly exclaimed. Fleur de Lis was so distracted with Akiro that neither she nor the old magician listened to her.

"Wow, you're jealous, my queen," joked Malak, and then he was glared at by Jehnna, and he lowered his head submissively.

"Of course not, I was just... surprised that nothing happened to them on the way back, they could have been assaulted by bandits or something," Jehnna said quickly, knowing deep down that her silly friend was not entirely wrong.

After dinner, the queen offered her horse guest one of the best rooms in the palace. Fleur de Lis thanked her very much for the gesture and prepared for a well-deserved rest.

CONTINUARÁ...

The things they send me to write.... Don't forget to vote and comment on pretty please.