Unnatural unión

FROM AQUILONIA TO EQUESTRIA

Chapter 3: Unnatural unión

Jehnna lay down on the soft bed looking at the ceiling, frustrated by her own thoughts and feelings that she thought she had left behind. She could not get it out of her head that Conan and Fleur de Lis had come all the way from the black forest to Shadizar.

"I can't believe it, I'm jealous of someone with four paws," she said aloud as she stamped the palm of her hand on her forehead.

The young queen recalled how Conan refused her offer to rule Shadizar at her side because of the memory of Valeria, the barbarian's dead lover. But all that was an excuse, Jehnna knew that Conan was using Valeria not to tie himself to any woman, the Cimmerian would always be a vagabond in search of adventure.

"Conan, you're a fool..." Jehnna snorted, playing with one of the golden loops that fell elegantly from her forehead.

In another section of the palace, in the warm kitchens, Conan was chatting with his friend Akiro about how to return the unicorn to their home planet/dimension.

"The fact that it has appeared just above the stone of the bestigors' herd confirms my theory," Akiro said thoughtfully. "You see Conan, it seems that the transit of these ponies to our world is more frequent than we thought, or at least it was."

"What do you mean?" asked the man as he took a huge bite out of the cooked pig's head that he held in his right hand, a good portion of the muzzle of the head passed quickly to the barbarian's mouth and from there to his stomach.

"According to legends, ponies and humans had offspring, these creatures were called centaurs. At first such creatures were intelligent and sensitive, but with the passing of generations the consequences of this unnatural crossing were manifested in their bodies, resulting in the mutated and bloodthirsty centigors. I suspect that the stones in the herd have a link to the world from which our strange friend comes."

"You say, I should return to the black forest and do a ritual for the creature to return to her world?"

"No, those things don't have enough magic accumulated to create a portal to the pony world."

"So what can Conan do?" Zula asked.

"I have only one idea," said the bald wizard at last. "You have to head for the tower of Ghost Face, the necromancer."

"Ghost... Ghost Face, the Ghost Face!" said Malak nervously and stuttered.

"Yes, that crazy necromancer has made many studies about the Centigors and other beasts like the lycanthropes. I believe that in his tower is the knowledge to return Fleur de Lis to her world."

"Then there's no choice. I'll have to go to the cursed tower and force the necromancer to reveal all his dark secrets."

"Let me go with you, my friend," Akiro offered.

"Let me go too, Conan" Zula offered to go too.

"Well, guys, I wish you good luck... What! We're talking about Ghost Face, the crazy necromancer." Malak excused himself without blood on his face.

"All necromancers are crazy," said Akiro. "Their experiments in necromancy make them lose their mind, there is no way to avoid this, if you engage in the forbidden art of necromancy."

"No, you already have your lives in this place. I entrusted Jehnna's life and safety to you. I am enough to beat any necromancer," said Conan resolutely, closing the conversation.

.

.

The next morning, Conan explained to Jehnna and Fleur de Lis what should be done.

Sadly, the young queen dismissed her friend and the unicorn, who, after receiving the necessary supplies, left for the forest of the scarlet mist. A forest that was always covered in a blood-red mist, and from which only a handful had returned to witness the horrors that lay in the cursed tower.

CONTINUARÁ...

Thanks for Reading, don't forget to vote and comment pretty please.