1.| When It All Started

Your POV

Hi, the names Chung Yangmi, 21 years old... daughter, of a Chung Mingyue and Fan Yanhua; founder of million dollar company in Shanghai China.

Yes, I was born into that family, did I mention my cousins are Fan BingBing and Fan ChengCheng?

Because they are.

Both my cousins are huge big shots, but me... I wasn't a big shot.

Yes, you could defend that and say that I was born with a silver spoon, my future was just planned out right in front of me the moment I was born, but really, I wasn't really meant to.

It didn't feel right for me. I didn't feel connected to my family business. I wanted to pursue a different career.

I grew up doing well in school, so I guess was mentally and physically prepared to take on the family business.

Until everything went down that day.

Let me explain what happened.

I was driving my BMW on the highway when I got a call from my mama, telling to come to the hospital because my papa fainted.

I tried my best to speed through the traffic, but man... I never realized Shanghai had so many cars.

"Damn it... I swear run all these cars over," I mumbled as I changed lanes over to the right when...

"Fuck."

I had hit another car. To be more specific, the rear of a Lamborghini...

My heart began to pound against my chest, my anxiety levels are rising

We both went on to the emergency lane, where we both got out of the car.

Well... technically the driver of the very nice, matte black Lamborgini got out of the car first and immediately checked the rear.

Sweat began to gather around my forehead as I got out of the car, the driver turned his whole body, facing me with a pissed off look his face.

"What the hell were you doing?! Do you know how expensive this car is?!"

Oh, man... he's hot. He's stunning. He's hot.

"Hey! Lady!" I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly bowed multiple times, showing my guilt and sympathy.

"For fucks sakes..." He curses, running his long slender fingers through his hair- wait. Yangmi! Bad thoughts. No, bad thoughts.

But, this person looks very familiar. Like I've seen him before, somewhere.

"HEY! LADY!"

"Look, I apologize for hitting your Lamborghini, I really do. But I have somewhere to be right now." I quickly handed him a card with my phone number on it.

He took it away from my hands. "Tch."

"Please, I am really sorry. Text me the cost of the damage, and I will pay it."

"Like you have the money to pay for my baby..."

"Again. I apologize." With that, I quickly got in my car and drove off. I looked at my side mirrors and saw him, once again. Cursing and running his hands through his hair.

Once I got to the hospital, papa had already woke up and about 6 of our bodyguards were standing in front of his room.

"Miss. Chung!" They all bowed in unison as I burst into the room.

"Papa..." I sighed in relief. Seeing him fine and awake.

"Hi, sweetheart~!" He says in a cheerful tone but began to cough right after.

"God, papa. Be careful!" I ran over to him and hugged him.

With the monitor just beeping away with a pattern, showing his heart rate. It assured me that he was doing fine.

"Papa, why did you faint? You've been really healthy over the years."

"Yes, dear. But." He pauses as he cups my cheek. "Over the years, I've gotten old, it's not like when I was 30 when I had you. Sweetie, I'm almost 60."

"What are you saying?"

Papa inhales sharply as he grabbed my hand and held it tightly.

"I'm going to retire Yangmi. Which means, the company is being handed to you now."

I was taken back a bit.

The family company... a million dollar company that holds over 100 peoples jobs. That lies in my hands?

No... I can't. I'm not ready.

"Papa. I can't. I'm not ready. I-I'll fail you, a-and e-ever-"

"Yangmi. Stop." Papa says sternly since he heard me begin to hear me panic.

I took a deep breath in and exhaled out. Calming myself down.

"Yangmi. You are my only daughter. The heir to our company. It was bound to happen at one point, Yangmi."

I bit the side of my lip as papa finishes his words.

"O-Ok..." My voice breaks a bit.

I know that papa saw the fear and nervousness in my eyes.

"Yangmi-ah. Don't worry. I've asked one of my friend's son to help you. To mentor you."

"W-Who?"

"I've only meant him when he was young. But he took over his family company at the age of 19. He has a lot of experience. He is also very successful. I know you will learn many things from him and... I know you will make me and your mama proud."

With those sudden words... I felt this huge weight and burden on my shoulders, on my chest. I am going to be carrying a huge weight on me.

But most importantly... I the burden and fear that would always be looking over my shoulder.

To fail my parents.

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!!

Welcome to the first chapter of my new Zhu Zhengting book!!

I hope you'll enjoy this book and journey with me and your fellow Jennings.

Thank you for reading!!!<3

I LOVE YOUUUUUU

VOTE/COMMENT!!

-Jennie<3