16.| Missing Her

Zhengting's POV

I stood outside of the café and stared at her until she saw me.

Yangmi choked on her drink while I crossed my arms and headed inside.

I grabbed a chair and sat down next to Yangmi.

"Hey, guys. Mind if I join?"

Jianyu glared at me as I yelled out my order to the waitress.

"Zhengting-ah, what are you doing here?"

"I happen to be driving by and needed some drinks. I didn't think to see you two here." He smiles. I smiled along but inside I wanted to punch him.

"You. You need to leave." I half-whispered while I gritted my teeth.

"Why? I just sat down."

"Actually, excuse me."

Jianyu excused himself since his phone rang. I smirked to myself knowing that one of my helpers done something to make Jianyu get a call.

Yangmi then quickly looked over to me and said, "You need to get in your dumb Mercedes and leave."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?! I'm on a date with someone!"

"So, just pretend I'm not here."

"Can the hell can I do that, when your sitting right beside and, and every 2 seconds you open your mouth."

"That's not true."

"It is so true-"

"Hey... Yangmi." Jianyu just came back from talking on his phone and the both of us acted as if nothing happened.

"Is something wrong Jianyu?"She asked. Jianyu nodded while I glared at him.

"I'm sorry, but you mind postponing our first date until next week?"

Yangmi had no choice but to accept it.

Once he left the café, Yangmi stood up and left. I quickly chased after her.

"Ei! Chung Yangmi! Stop right now!"

"Zhu. Zhengting!" She said, word by word. I stopped in my tracks when she said my name like that. It was scary, it sent chills down my spine.

She turned her body to face me, and once she did, I noticed the look in her eyes was not pretty. It was... terrifying.

"I don't what you do in your spare time, but don't ruin mine okay? I know that your rich, I know that you're famous. I also know that you're the one who caused Jianyu to leave so early on our first date!" I honestly thought she was done yelling. But she suddenly started speaking again, I knew that this wasn't going to end well.

"But you know what's the other thing I don't know?" I didn't dare to answer.

"I don't fucking know why your narcissistic ass keeps interfering with my social life?! So why don't you go look in the mirror and gawk at yourself, while I enjoy mine from now on? Okay? Goodbye."

I think I just stopped breathing...

__________

The next few weeks were like this too.

She would get ready to go out. I would follow along, making sure my cousin wouldn't do some shit to her.

It suddenly became my job. Like, even though every time they go out, and think I won't find them. I do in the end, but I can't seem to let Yangmi alone around Jianyu.