Thuggin' Rails 《2》

Second Person Point Of View

~~~~

Only in the matter of two weeks of living with your older cousins Otis and Luna, you became well acquainted with your new life of luxury. A day hasn't gone by when you haven't met a new celebrity in the Thug Mansion, even models who were solely there to be dressed by Luna. Otis and Luna have made sure to keep you away from most, for the sake of whatever innocence you have left. Whenever you three are in public, bodyguards must be hiding you from any paparazzi lurking in the area.

Everything was just perfect.

On this very Sunday, you sat in bed with a book perched in your lap, reading along the pages with words that painted scenes in your mind. Your TV softly played "Guillotine", the lyrics causing your head to gently nod against your pillow, humming along to the beat. You could admit, that the music was quite distracting, but it was helpful to give you peace of mind and added to the tension of the story you read.

Once your eyes reached the very last sentence on the page, there was a gentle knocking at your door. Closing the book, you sat up in your bed before calling out to them. "Come in!" Slowly, your door opened to reveal one of the very first maids you met when you arrived. Her name is Kiara, and she was the youngest helper in the mansion. Whenever you wanted to do personal shopping or late-night walks around the neighborhood, she joined you.

She's a fairly skinny woman, with pale brown skin, straight black hair that went down her back, and hazel eyes. She's as kind, as she is timid. She admitted to you that before you arrived, she rehearsed what to say, just so she wouldn't make a fool of herself. She expressed how your gaze was quite intimidating for her to handle.

You laughed when she told you that. From that start, a friendship blossomed. The two of you shared the common trait of being introverts, only being an extrovert when comfortable around others.

"Hey Y/n, what are you doing in here? It's so nice outside." Kiara told as she stepped inside, gently closing the door behind her before approaching your bed. "Yeah, it does. But I have nothing to do outside. I went to the pool, the garden, the front garden- I've been all around the house. So I just thought reading would be fun, and it's nice! I found this book in the library downstairs." You tell, showing the book to her. Kiara sat down next to you, looked at the title, and smiled nervously. "That's a classic, but are you sure it isn't uhm...too much for you?" She asked.

You tilted your head with a puzzled expression to her question. "I-I mean, there are just some things that occur in the b-book that could be quite inappropriate for you and-" "Kiara." You interrupted. She calmed herself and looked at you apologetically as your expression remind the same. "I kinda know what you're talking about, and what you mean exactly. But I don't mind reading these stories, I like them." You said.