Why Me

After the date with Danielle had to speak to my dad. I don't always have time to speak to my dad because he's always working. I pull up to his office and go in.

"Hi Chadwick,"the receptionist said twirling her hair.

"Hi Aubrey"

If your guessing yes we had a lil fling but like most of the girls I had slept with she didn't get over it. I kinda got her this job but we don't speak about that.

"Is my dad in"

"Yeah he on the phone though"

"Aight thanks,"I say walking away.

"Wait chad,"She said standing up.

"Wassup"

"You wanna hang out with me at my place"

"I'm kinda busy bri"

"What about tomorrow"

"I'm busy all week"

I walk inside my dad office just in time. He put his phone on the hook and smiled at me.

"Hey son just the person I wanna see"

"You do,"I say hesitantly.

"Yeah sit down,"he said gesturing his hand for me to sit down in one of the leather chairs.

I sit and he pulls out a file. Filled with papers.

"I had a little free time this week so I decided to go by and see some of your professors"

"And"

"And they said you've been lacking. Also 2 of them said you haven't been in their class in days"

"About that dad. I wants to switch a few of my classes"

"Why your in all the high budget classes"

I scoot up in my chair.

"See that's the point dad. All my life I got stuff handed to me. I don't wanna do that anymore"

"What classes do you want son"

"I wanna be in the African American knowledge class"

My dad's face light up like a fire cracker. He was in love with African-American history and he was pro black. That's why he named the school after Harriet Tubman.

"My son is finally walking in the foot steps of his father. I'll talk to my highest African studies teacher"

"No dad put me in the low budget class"

Danielle pov...

I sat in class taking notes on the lecture my professor was giving about what black people in America have to do to fit in. Then I heard the door open then shut. I look down toward the front of the class and see Chad standing there.

People started whispering to each other and I tensed up.

"Sorry I'm late I had a hard time finding this place,"he said looking around.

"It's okay Mr. Boseman just find a seat"

He looked up and i guess he spotted me because he started smiling widely. He walke up the stairs but his eyes never left my body. I broke contact and girls were staring at him biting their lips. I roll my eyes at their ratchetness.

"Is this seat taken,"Chad whispered.

"Nope,"I say having my focus fully on my professor.

He sat down and kept staring.