Girls, Girls, Girls

"Did you finish your essay,"I ask Chad while we were on the phone.

We both been busy all week so we only got to talk on the phone.

"Yeah I got like 1 more page to do"

"Hurry and finish I miss you"

"I do too"

"I got to get some sleep I got a early shift,"I say getting comfortable in my bed.

"Danny"

"Hm"

"Put the phone next to your pillow"

"Why"

"I wanna hear you sleep"

I place my phone on my pillow and lay next to it.

Next morning...

I was wiping down tables at the diner when 4 girls came in. I noticed them cause they always walked around campus. I put the rag up and grabbed my pad.

"I'm danielle-"

"We know who you are. You that girl who got Chad wrapped around your finger"

"What y'all want to drink"

"All of us will have some chocolate milk"

"Okay hold on"

I walk to the back and grab 4 cups filling them with chocolate milk. I put the on a tray and carried them to their table.

"Now doesnt this look like Chad,"she started drinking the milk.

"Mmm. He tastes delicious"

I picked the wrong day to take two pills. I wanted to smash the glass in her face and stabbed the rest of the bitches.

"What would y'all like to eat"

"Cut the bullshit Danielle. Chad is just gonna kick you to the curb just like he did me. One minute he loves you then another girl comes around and snatches your place"

She put money on the table and walked out with the rest of the girls. I wanted to run outside and bash her face in. I started breathing heavily.

At home...

Chad kept calling me and texting me. I didn't wanna talk to anyone. I just wanted to stay in bed and read. I couldn't keep my mind off what she said.

I kept thinking it was true. A few tears leaked from my eyes. Then somebody knocked. I put my book down and wipe my eyes walking to the door.

"Why you haven't been answering my calls,"Chad said coming in as soon as I opened the door.

"I was busy,"I said sniffling.

"What is this? You've been crying,"he said wiping my tears.

"No. I was just-"

"Don't lie Danny"

"A girl came in the diner today and said she used to be with you. She start saying shit that made me so mad,"I say crying.

"What did she say"

"She said another girl gone come and take you away and you was gone kick me to the curb"

"That's not gonna happen"

"You don't know that what if you find a girl prettier than me"

"That's not gonna happen because no girl is prettier than you. I don't love any of those girls. I love you and that's all"

He pulled me in a hug and I cried more.

"Sshhh. Don't cry baby"

He pulled away and looked at me and wiped my tears.