Chapter 3 - Dead

10 years later

Claire has been working for Lisa and her daughter Lilly for ten years now and she was wondering why her father hasn't been visiting or sending any letters to her. After she finished making breakfeast, washing the dishes, hanging the laundry and aysweeping the house she went up to her stepmother and asked her "I'm terribly sorry, but may I ask a question?"

Her stepmother looked at her and then replied slowly, "If you must."

"Where is my father, why hasn't he come home?"

"Look I know you miss your father and I will tell you, your father is dead." She told Claire with no hesitation.

"No!" I screamed and collapsed on the floor. Crying and crying but slowly managed to say a word, "How?"

"Well your father died at war and transmitted all his money to me," she laughed, "I always thought he was a stupid man."

Claire Peterson stood up and slapped her on the face, "How dare you?!" I shouted. "How dare you say that about my father?!"

Lisa stood up, grabbed me by my ear, pooled me all the way to the cellar and pushed me in there and locked me in. That is where I slept, on the blancket. It was either sleep on it or cover myself with it and the ground was terribly cold and hard.

***

"I guess I'm not having any dinner because I've been here for a while." Thought Claire.

Then suddenly the door oppend and it was Lisa.

"Noone got the mail today... Well go on go get it."

I quickly went outside, only to see a mailbox full of letters. Bills, Bills, Bills and more Bills everything that we ever got in the mail was for Lisa. Then there was this really fancy letter. It was pink with gold writting on it. From the royal castle. I held that letter in my hand as i walked in the house. I gave all those boring looking letters to Lisa and kept walking with that fancy letter in my hand.

Lilly was sitting in the loundroom and saw that Claire was looking at something. She ran up to her and grabbed the letter of her, only to open it herself. Then in a loud voice she starts reading... " There will be a royal ball in the palace tommorow night. All welcome. The prince is aslo looking for a princess..." Before even finishing the sentence she screamed and then kept reading, "So anybody interested must dance with the prince. Sincerely the queen.