Pilot- Software Instability

Connor, weeks after androids were given rights. Whether they were opinionated to be lousy or just rights, they were given nonetheless. The RK800 model we all know and love, Connor, no longer had anywhere to go for shelter or support due to CyberLife stopping the production and storage of androids, the beings now seen as equals were not allowed to go back to their old home. He had kept his job however, still working with Lieutenant Anderson. He was glad to have that in his life.

The home-deprived bot had usually stayed the night hiding in the stalls of the restroom in the police station or ducking under an eave of a building along with many other homeless androids. It was a miracle his clothing was still neat and looked almost brand new. Most androids had already gotten new clothing, wanting to leave behind their slaved past and start a new life. Not Connor. He didn't find any reason to go buy new clothing. He thought he looked perfectly fine the way he was. And we all can agree that he indeed does look perfect just the way he is.

He gave an awkward smile, offering his hand to an AX400 model that was taking cover next to him. "Hello, my name is Connor. Lovely weather we're having." It was raining. And hard.

She laughed, her hair cut short and dyed to a pretty blonde shade. "My name is... well, my name is..." Her LED flashed yellow, a worried expression growing on her face. "I was never given a name actually," she mumbled, embarrassment seeping into her movements. "It's nice to meet you Connor."

He cleared his throat, nodding towards his extended hand. Oh no this is awkward.

She gasped and quickly shook it, groaning and looking away, mortified of her slip up. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't realize your hand was there. I'm, I'm very sorry." She glanced at Connor, basically begging for forgiveness.

He smiled softly, not seeming too affected by it. "It's no problem at all. Don't worry about it miss." He managed to say before a loud yell could be heard from a familiar old grumpy voice. Hank.

"Connor! What are you doing you crazy robot? Get in the car. You're gonna get soaked," an audible groan came from the man, Connor waving to the android he was talking to moments before as he ran to get in Hank's car.

"Hello Lieutenant. I didn't expect you'd be on time today, so I stayed here a while longer. It's a nice surprise to see you here. How did you find me?" He got in the car, mechanically buckling his seat belt and resting his hands in his lap.

"Fucking Jesus Connor you scared me. What are you doing out here all by yourself?" He had thought Connor would have some place to go. Surely they wouldn't leave that many androids homeless. Right?

"I was taking cover from the rain, like I usually do Lieutenant." He kept his eyes strictly on the road, his hands still resting in his lap.

"Don't you have a place to go?" Hank looked at Connor, a bit of shock, guilt, and sadness shooting into him. He didn't think the poor boy was living on the streets.

Connor shrugged and looked out the window at the pelting rain. "I have many places to go. I like this building most. There are lots of people to talk to, unlike the dirty restrooms. I don't like those very much. They should clean their bathrooms more often."

Bewildered, Hank drove off, heading towards the station. "You're homeless Connor? And you didn't tell me?"

"I am indeed without a home, like many other androids." He looked at Hank, no embarrassment, shame, or any emotion filling his words. He felt like he could tell Hank anything. Hank was all Connor had. Connor was all Hank had.

<><><><>

((I was wondering if these boys should have a father-son relationship or a lover relationship. I'm torn, so leave a comment of what you would like to read. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I wrote most of it at like three in the morning which was a little bit crazy. I'm just so in love with Connor and Hank. They're such adorable boys. Anyway, please please please comment what kind of relationship they should have so I can get another chapter out for you guys!))