Medical Mystery

After the car ride to the police station, the android and man had gotten out of the car. Not much was said during the trip, only Hank cursing under his breath a few times at red lights. But other from that and the small discussion they had, nothing was said. Until now that is.

"Come on Connor, let's start our day," Hank said with a sigh, not bothering to glance back and make sure the android was following him.

Thankfully, he was following him, the harsh beating of the rain from earlier turning to gentle sprinkles. Dodging the scattered puddles, the two made it into the station.

"Well would you look that that, Hank and his little fucking pet made it a bit early today. Congratulations." Gavin Reed. Of course he couldn't go a minute without being a prick. "Unfortunately, you're still late. What a bummer."

Connor stood still and stared at the detective, hands behind his back. "Don't you have a case to work Mr. Reed?" He managed to stay polite, flashing a fake smile at him before turning back to Hank.

Gavin blinked in shock. Usually Connor didn't talk back to him. Taking this chance, Connor grabbed Hank's hand and sped for their desks.

Once they sat down, Gavin shot a glare at the robot, acting like an elementary school bully and throwing a small tantrum. It genuinely was a comical sight. "Connor, what is up with you today?"

He turned and raised an eyebrow at the older man. "What do you mean Lieutenant?"

"Well first, you're homeless and you didn't fucking tell me. And now you're talking back to that asshole. I want to know what's going on." He wasn't angry with Connor. Hank was more confused as to why Connor felt he had to keep things from him.

"I am not acting unusual Hank. At least I intend not to. I was standing up for us." He closed his eyes, not needing a computer to start working because well, he is one.

Hank grumbled and sifted through the papers on his desk. "And you didn't tell me you were living on the streets Connor. You could get yourself hurt. Or killed or worse. Who knows what they'd do to such a handsome boy like you out there."

Connor blinked his eyes open, staring at the older man. "You think I'm handsome?" He smiled brightly, wiggling in his seat like an excited puppy. "I think you're handsome too Lieutenant!"

With a groan, Hank facepalmed and shook his head. "No Connor, I-" A chuckle escaped Hank's mouth, looking at the robot. "Thank you."

"My pleasure Lieutenant." Connor nodded and closed his eyes once more to continue working, this time with a smile. Rolling his eyes playfully, Hank returned to his work as well.

A few moments later, Connor's LED turned a bright yellow accompanied by his closed eyes twitching slightly. "A new case came in." He opened his eyes to look at Hank, his tone turning a bit more serious.

"What's it about and where?" Hank stood up slowly, rubbing his sore neck as his android partner stood as well.

"There seems to have been a murder. An android nurse has been giving patients the wrong medicines, many flat lining due to the mix up."

"Holy shit." Hank blinked slowly, making his way for the entrance. "Is there any connection they've found so far or are we to find that out?"

"No connections that they know of. But they do have all of the nurses that were there in holding and the victims' medical records are available to us." Connor quickly followed, rubbing his hands together. "We could spilt up. You could go look for any connections between the victims and I'll interrogate the androids."

Hank pursed his lips and pushed open the doors, stepping out and towards his car. "I don't know Connor. I don't want you getting hurt or anything."

"I won't get hurt Lieutenant, don't worry. I'm going in there just to ask a few questions, get some answers, and get out. Simple."

((Or will it truly be that simple? Guess you'll find out in the next chapter hahaha! I'm so evil. Anyway, thank you all so much for the support! I didn't think I'd get so many views! And comments! I even got a vote!!! I'm just glad that people enjoy what I write. Anyway, see you next time!))