Chapter 23 Back To NYC

December 8th, 2018 - Plane ride back from Florida

Layla's POV

"Thank you, Shane for letting us fly back on your plane."

"You're welcome. And, we will help you take your gifts home also."

"Bliss, my parents can't wait to see you again. They wanted to come to Florida but couldn't make it."

Then, my Sugar added, "My parents couldn't make it either. We'll have a dinner party and have both you and Shane over."

"That sounds like a plan. Can't wait. Just let us know the day and time. And, just let me know when you guys need a babysitter. That way you both can have date nights and Sean can take a break too. I have a pool and a movie room. I'll have to buy some floating devices for Braelyn when the Spring comes. Speaking of, who is watching her when you go on your honeymoon?"

"She will be staying with Austin, for some daddy time."

"Okay."

"Hey Lollipop, remember the pretty building that you like so much?" She came skipping over to where we were sitting and plopped on my lap. "Yes, mommy."

"Guess whose building that is? It is your Uncle Shane's building."

"It is mommy?!"

"How would you like a tour one day?"

"Can I mommy, please?!"

"What is the best day to come? Braelyn gets out of kindergarten at noon."

"Friday is perfect and we all can have lunch together. What is your favorite place to eat at, Braelyn?"

"I like McDonald's, Uncle Shane. Can my daddy and Sean come, too?"

"McDonald's it is. Sure, they can."

"Braelyn, go say thank you."

She ran over to Shane, gave him a big hug, "Thank you!"

"You're welcome, princess."

"Do you guys have any plans this coming weekend? I would love to have you both over, along with Jessica and Andrea, for dinner. Is Saturday good for you?"

Bliss' POV

I looked over to Shane because ever since we came back from Italy, he said he is going to spoil me rotten. The weekend before Florida, we went to California because I told him I have never been to the West Coast.

"Saturday is good. We will be there. Do you need us to bring anything?"

"Layla, let him bring something. I taught Shane how to cook while I stayed over his house with my ankle injury. He likes cooking now that he knows how."

"I had an excellent teacher."

"Look what I drew for you, auntie."

Braelyn drew a picture of me and Shane, holding hands.

"It's a beautiful picture, sweetie. Thank you. I have to get a frame for it, so I can put it in my office."

"Are either of you allergic to anything?"

"I am allergic to shellfish - shrimp, lobster, and crabs. I can be around people who eat it, but I can't eat it."

"I'm going to text my parents to see if they can come. I forgot to tell you that was an excellent makeup job that you did. Shane looked like he didn't have anything on at all."