Chapter 34 - Where Are They?

A/N: This chapter was edited to reflect the obsession Chase has with Kamea. That scene was difficult to add and brought tears to my eyes because of the seriousness of the act. It has happened in my family. I DO NOT condone sexual assault against anyone. Please proceed with caution.

Chase's POV

My henchman says they have made the vehicle switch and are on the way to the house. I told them to pull in the underground garage I had built.

They must be here because I just heard a car horn. So, I went down to the basement to greet my new house guests.

After opening the door, I noticed that Layla is pregnant. That won't be a problem. I will just raise the kid as a 'Dalton.' The problem will be if she goes into labor.

"Get this blindfold off me!!! And, where are we?!!" Cris's wife screamed.

Once they were inside the house, I locked the garage door and had them placed in the basement living room.

"Take their blindfolds off now."

As soon as she saw me, Cris's wife yells, "Cade?! Why are you doing this?! I have five kids who need their mother!! And, Layla has two kids that need her!!!"

I turned away from them and took my disguise off. Then, I turned back around to two shocked faces.

"Chase?!! That means you have been living next door to us since last year. I think I am going to be sick. I knew there was a reason I was suspicious about you."

"It's me, in the flesh! And, you had five kids. You are going to be mine forever now."

"YOU ARE SICK!! Can't you see that Layla is pregnant, you twit?!! I am Diabetic, you twat! I need insulin for tomorrow morning!"

Sarcastically, I answered, "She is? No way!"

"Ugh, I have never seen a more pathetic, vile person in my life!! My baby is due in three weeks!! Let us out of here!!!"

"Sugar, you both need to get comfy because you are not going anywhere. Take them both to their rooms, gently."

"Yes, sir." They helped them off the couch and took them upstairs to their separate rooms.

"Time for a victory drink."

I need to find a way to get insulin for her.

Cris' POV

Ryan and I gave the police our information. After Shane and the guys finally calmed the ladies down, we drove home - Shane drove Bliss, Andrea, and Carly. I gave Austin the keys to Kamea's Escalade. Marco and Kim rode with him to console Día and Braelyn. Mason and Julian rode with me and Ryan.

"Cris, if he knows where you live, we need to move everyone to a different house. If he was brazened to kidnap Kam and Layla in the parking lot during the day, he will try anything to get Bliss next," Julian suggested.