Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The next morning when Emery awakens she gazes around disbelievingly. She’d thought it’d all just been an elaborate dream but seeing Dane snoozing softly next to her she feels differently. Besides that, she notes, they're in his bedroom. Lying down silently, she studies the lines and grooves in the ceiling from where the silver bars had come down. 

Suddenly an unconscious Dane lazily throws his arm around her waist and draws her into his sleeping side. Complying Emery strokes the soft tanned skin of his forearms and shifts her body to stare at her mate's fine sleeping form. His bronze hair is flopped onto the pillow, as turquoise eyes remain hidden from sight. She carefully analyses his gorgeous face, trying to memorise all the crinkles and dimples of his flawless golden skin before travelling her eyes downwards to his bare torso. His wide shoulders are slanted horizontally from sleeping on his side and with his arm slung around Emery, she can clearly see the outlines of his developing muscles. Although he looks too hot to be real now, she knows that given a few more years he'd be a whole new level of heaven.  

But will he still want her? That is the question. She ponders this silently over and over again, her mind in turmoil about what Dane would do with her once he's had his fun. After all that's all this is right? Fun. Unknowingly Emery let out a soft sigh and awakens Dane.  

His eyes flutter open to come face-to-face with his beautiful mate and he knows he would be a very happy man if he could wake up to her every morning. As an easy grin overcomes over his face, Emery feels her heart start to beat louder.

"Good morning my Honey Bee," he murmurs nibbling the base of her neck. Emery runs a hand through his thick hair and slides the other up and down his forearm.  
"Morning," she whispers softly.
"Mmmm..So how did you sleep?" he asks drawing her closer to him and tightening his grip on her waist.  
"Great, thanks," responds Emery before letting out a shocked gasp from her thigh brushing against his morning wood.  
"Feel that baby?...I've only just woken up and already you've got me hard," mutters Dane, kissing up her neck and readjusting himself so that he lies over his mate. 
Then joining their lips together he lets his hips fall in between hers. Emery opens her mouth to let out another gasp but Dane's lips swallow it and he uses her actions to let their tongues cuddle each other.  

As he slowly grinds against her, Emery runs one hand through his hair while the other clutches tightly onto his shoulder.  
Pulling back Dane grins widely at his mate. Now that is a great wake up call.

"So what would you like for breakfast?" Dane asks lifting himself reluctantly off his mate and standing up. Emery's cheeks blush red, seeing Dane looking so sexy with bed hair, a semi-erection and his torso exposed.  
"I don't mind," she whispers, eyes completely transfixed on him as he runs his hand through his hair and shakes it out a little.  
"Alright. Um, do you think you can wait 'til I have a shower or would you like something to eat first?" he asks.  
"No it's fine. You take your shower," Emery says with a shake of her head. At least this way she can brush her hair and look half-decent for him.  
"Alright," he nods and grabs some clothes.

After a quick spritz of deodorant and a run through of her messy, tangled bed-hair, she feels much more human. The least she can do is start on breakfast so with the bread in the toaster, sausages and bacon sizzling in the pan; leaves only the cooking of the eggs, buttering of the toast and the making of coffee.

Dane strolls in to see his mate rushing around, trying to get everything done but failing to smell the faint scent of burning sausages.  
"Uh…Honey Bee, the sausages are burning," he chuckles watching her in amusement as she drops the butter-knife and rushes over to the sizzling pan.  
Still smiling Dane picks up from where Emery left off on the toast.