The Deviants [MiChaeng]

CHAEYOUNG

(Year 2048)

"Mina... Mina, it's alright! I'm here. I'm here now. Please calm down, baby." I whispered to her while gently brushing her cheeks that is stained by her tears with my thumbs.

She nodded but she's still trembling from the chase earlier, "Cha-Chaeyoung... I-I... Th-They al-almost dea-activated m-me fo... Pl-please don't lea-leave me ag-again..."

"Shh.. I'm sorry, Mina. I'm really sorry, baby. I shouldn't have let them laid their hands on you. It's okay now. You are safe with me."

It's still a little cold here inside my cabin because I just started the fire a minute ago but I know Mina's warm now. I know androids doesn't feel any cold but I want to take care of her like a real human.

But it's not like I'm human too.

I hugged her in front of the fireplace and she fell asleep in my arms. Good thing, I already wrapped ourselves in a blanket though.

"Good night, Mina. I love you."

I kissed her forehead and I fell asleep.

---

(A year ago)

'The new special edition, MN324, is now available in Seoul CyberStore with a price of only 500 million won!'

"Master Chaeyoung, you better buy an android to take care of you and keep you company. My last contract will end this week"

I sighed at what Jeongyeon said. She is the only one who gives me company in big ass mansion. I have a little brother but he already has a family and he doesn't want to live with me anymore.

Jeongyeon is more than my maid here. I consider her as my friend and family. I helped her by increasing her salary every now and then. I already met her wife, Yoo Nayeon. She is one lucky person. She has everything.

I'm rich but I don't have anyone by my side. I'm always alone. So, that time Jeongyeon asking for her last contract with me is when I felt something heavy in my chest.

She's still here by my side but knowing that she's leaving in a week made me feel empty inside.

I was in the middle in my train of thoughts but Jeongyeon tapped my shoulder and called my name.

"Chaeyoung?"

"Hmm. Yeah, I'll think about it but you know how I hate androids."

She nodded and smiled, "I believe you'll get along. One android would do."

I sighed once again, "Androids are just machines. Androids don't have any human feelings. They don't laugh, cry, smile or even feel pain. They might even not appreciate art!"

Instead of answering, Jeongyeon chuckled and shook her head. I pouted and crossed my arms.

Androids are all over the commercials and it can somehow help me pick an android model. I'm sure that I don't want any male androids.

"Come on, Chaeyoung. Let's go to the android store now."

I stayed silent but stood up after a minute of thinking. I wore my hoodie since I'm only wearing a sports bra and sweat pants.

"Nuh uh uh, Chaeng. Change your sweatpants. I'll do the laundry later after we get back"

I groaned but followed her. I went upstairs to change my sweatpants to jeans and went back to Jeongyeon who is waiting by the door.

"You better have a name for your android, Chaeng" Jeongyeon teased

"Don't push me, Jeong. I'm still thinking on buying one or not."