Chapter 01: Milani

The bell rang through the classroom reverberating off of the windows signaling the end of last period as well as the end of my torture by numbers.

My classmates began packing their belongings and filing out of the classroom. I try as hard as I can to stuff all my crap into my overly stuffed book bag. Knowing that if I didn't hurry up an get the hell out of here I would most likely regret it.

I finally fit my freakishly large binder in my bag, and swing my bag around my shoulders and onto my back. I swiftly push my chair in and navigate through the class, not to find the quickest way out but the most unnoticeable.

I might as well be a modern day ninja!

I'm almost to the doorway when I hear the words I was dreading, "Miss Ortega, please stay back for a second!"

I mentally facepalm as I shut my eyes and slowly turn on my heal only to open them and see a sickly sweet smile on the face of my math teacher, Mrs. Price.

I walk slowly towards her desk avoiding her deadly gaze fearing that she'll turn me into frickin stone if I'm careless. Each step I take I can feel my wolf growing more and more agitated.

She's not , as you call it a "fan" of my math teacher...needless to say neither am I.

When I reach her desk I turn my head towards the door only to see Dylan, a kid in my class snickering his way out of the room.

The know-it-all.

If only I was just a few seconds quicker I would have made it! I was so damn close! I hear Mrs. Price call out my name again. I let out a deep sigh and and turn my head to lock eyes with the devil incarnate. She stares back at me with her stupid wrinkly face and her stupid old people's grin. I wish I could slap it right off of her!

Call me mean if you will, but trust me she would deserve it.

"Miss Ortega, every time we have this conversation truly believe that maybe just maybe this'll be the time it gets through to you." She says in her usual condescending tone making me want to reach over the desk and rip that obvious wig off of her pinball of a head!

I grip the straps of my bag trying my hardest to keep myself under control.

"Well mrs. Price every time we have this conversation I think to myself maybe, just maybe this'll be the last time you annoy the crap out of me." I say to her mimicking her tone of voice plastering the fakest smile imaginable onto my face. She thinks she's the only one tired of these little chats?

She looks at me with a blank stare and continues on. "Now miss Ortega I have told you time and time again that it is unacceptable to turn in a blank homework assignment that you've had a week to complete!"

She grabs the assignment from her desk and holds it up for me to see. On the paper my name is written in my neat cursive handwriting at the top. Problems are numbered down the page each with a blank answer box next to it.

In my defense I did try the problems, but it's not like I can even google the answer to these questions they might as well be goddamn sentences! None of them made any fricking sense what so ever.

"With all do respect Mrs. Price you've also told me time and time again that it is unacceptable to turn in nothing at all, so I turned in what I was able to complete." I say with a smile.

"All you were able to complete was your name?"

"Yes." I blandly state.

"I know you are aware of the fact that I tutor weekends miss Ortega, that let's me know that you don't care to learn the material. And seeing as you sleep through half of my class you don't care to learn it in class either. She says in a matter-of-fact tone looking proud of her supposed deduction.