Chapter 02: Senses

We got to the mall at around 4 o'clock. At The moment  we were currently parked in the back alley by the dumpsters. It might seem sketchy to some but it was for our convenience. There was an  employees entrance that was always unlocked straight across from the dumpsters. The entrance lead straight to Mimi's favorite spot in the mall. Boutiques and a coffee shop filled this small area of the mall. It was also a very quiet area which is why I liked it.

We discovered it by accident one Saturday after school, when the mall was busy. We couldn't park in our usual spot that day and ended up driving around the whole entire mall. When we got around back we watched an employee from one of Mimi's favorite boutiques go in from that way and followed her in and ended up exactly where we needed to be. Since then this was always where we would park.

Mimi was currently touching up her makeup and ranting about her Trash boyfriend, Tyler.
It's safe to say I wasn't his biggest fan. It's even safer to say I hated him. He was always so blasé about dating mimi even though he was the one who asked her out. And as if not treating my best friend like the royalty she frickin' was wasn't enough reason not to like him, he was also a werewolf.
Despite my own family and I having wolf blood coursing through our veins I wouldn't trust a wolf as far as I could throw em'.
Sometimes I didn't even trust myself. Tyler on the other hand I've never trusted...ever. There was something off about him. I've never actually have had a "wolf to wolf" conversation with him. In fact I've never had an actual conversation with him at all. The only times I see him are when I'm with Mimi. What made me cautious of him was the look in his eyes. The expression he would show me when mimi wasn't looking was simply chilling.

Now I wasn't just  your average , everyday , run of the mill wolf. Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I was what one would call "purebred". There's other names for what myths and such would call me...a pure blood, top dog, square one, head honcho, BEAST OF BEASTS...

I was an alpha.

Alphas were the first half human half wolf beasts to be called werewolves. They are the ones the legends were made of. The ones who lost control of their human body's and transformed into gruesome beasts wreaking havoc during the full moon. The ones who created us all, millenniums ago.
Now I wasn't a thousand years old or anything, hell I was only 17. When I say I'm an alpha I mean my father and mother are alphas, who are descendants of alphas, who are descendants of "the alphas." I was of alpha lineage. I was faster, stronger, more capable than most wolves.

My point in all of this is that I was a girl who wasn't afraid of much...except for math probably. What I'm trying to say is, Tyler scared me. When he was around all of my senses became heightened and I was on full alert. My wolf becomes restless and I go into attack mode. The only reason I let him around Mimi is because I know he won't risk attacking her. Not In human territory. I was a wolf. My family were wolves. Tyler's a wolf. But we weren't apart of that world. We were apart of the human world. Not many wolves lived alongside humans. Aside from my family and Tyler I haven't come across many of my kind. But From what I've heard from my parent they are out there. Deep in the woodlands of this world werewolf culture flourished. 

Alphas, werewolves and humans, blah blah blah. I could care less about any of it honestly. Why should I?

I was Milani.

I was 17 years old and had the quirkiest of personality's. I lived with my two loving parents and my adorable little sister. I hung out with my glamorous fashionista of a best friend and did normal teenage girl things. I went on dates with no good guys. I cried about them to my best friend over a tub of ice cream. I sang, I danced, I laughed and cried!

This is who I was.

I was human.

No one in this world could convince me otherwise because this was the life I lived and have always lived. It was the life I would continue to live. As far as I was concerned my human side trumped my Wolfe side.