Analyzing Antics (Wattpad Reviews) [Sleep Tight Tonight: Rebeccaa]

With 180 reads, 20 votes (one being mine!), and 38 comments, Sleep Tight Tonight definitely needs some more recognition.  Honestly, it is one of my new favorite stories on Wattpad, and is even in my private library, although it's only two chapters in.  Sad?  Yes.  Intriguing?  Yes.  Chilling?  Absolutely.

The first year of high school is the worst, especially for a misfit like Miley Walker. That first year was torture, filled with bullying and teasing. However, it was also the best year of her life, because that was the year she made her first ever friend, Lucas Wilson. Best friends for five years, Miley and Lucas stuck together throughout their time in high school, until the day Lucas left Miley on her own. Lost without him, Miley commits suicide, leaving a video for Luke to watch after she's gone. Follow Luke on his journey of grief as he listens to Miley's last words....

 -Rebeccaa

The first two chapters give the reader an inside look on what's happened, Lucas' reactions to the tape, and hint that everything isn't exactly as it seems.

POSITIVE:

-The suspenseful writing style draws readers in, and leaves them wanting more, desperately needing to know what will happen next.

-Extremely descriptive of the human facial expressions, noises, and reactions.

-Very good transitioning.  It doesn't leave me wondering how the character got from visiting her parents to going on a date.

-Very attractive, eye-catching cover and title.  An extremely (wink, wink) attractive guy is seen, and the font is very cute (not as cute as the guy, of course, but still...), and the name could mean many many things.

-Wonderful wording.  I.E.

"I want to be able to watch her talk, listen to the thrumming of her breath."

"I can see the curve of her fluttering eyelashes."

"I feel a tainted shiver squirm through me, slicking my skin with a thin sheen of sweat."

"And despite the fear that leaks throughout my veins."

NEGATIVE:

-Setting of the story isn't well described.  The reader needs a better picture of where the characters are, so they can picture what's going on in their heads.  I, personally, have imagined Lucas' dwelling place as a very modern studio apartment, with lots of white.  Haha, don't ask me why.

-Extremely, extremely, extremely sad.

-I feel like I'm supposed to like Miley, but I don't.  I feel like she's an attention seeking, conniving chick who killed herself to get the attention of this guy, and make him feel guilty like heck.  Which was wayy stupid.

Overall, this story is really amazing, and really makes you feel for Miley and Lucas.  I truly do hope that many more people will discover Rebeccaa's amazing writing capabilities, and she will never ever stop.

Thanks for reading, and check back in again later for more reviews!!!

PS-If you want YOUR story reviewed by me, let me know!  Message me, comment here, anything!  I'd be more than willing to check out ALL of your stories :)