Inseparatable duo

Warning! Violent content and a curse word ahead.

========================================

(Y/N)!

Varians scream was heard in the thick forest calling your name. "Fuck, he's been caught" You whispered to yourself turning around with your heels and ran back putting one of your old sweet white daggers tightly between your teeth.

It was the middle of the day outside Corona walls in a forest where one could easily get lost without a map or a friend who knew their way around. Fall was going strong filling the ground with different shades of red, orange and yellow leaves. Cold winds blowed occasionally ripping the last ones from the almost naked trees to the ground. A river could be heard from the distance and birds were chirping loudly singing their own beautiful duettos.

And for a thief like you, it was a perfect place for a fight.

Varian had been captured by the guards when you two were running away from them after stealing the sundrop flower from the castle of Corona. Usually you'd do your dirty work in the darkness of the night, but today was the lost princesses birthday, which meant there were huge crowds of people celebrating and it was very easy to blend into the crowd and sneak in. You got cocky about your skills and didn't bother to check for any alarms or traps so as soon as you took the almost completely wilted flower, all of the guards of Corona were alarmed and now after you.

Your dark, wine red cloak that was rimmed with gold, flew into the air with your slightly long black hair as you jumped from the shadows of the forest onto a guards back, kicking it after stabbing the dagger into his shoulder harshly.

The guard screamed in pain holding his shoulder with his gloved hand and turned around attempting to slash you with his sword, but you were already gone with new daggers in hand running towards the guard who was holding Varian in place.

"Go (Y/N)!" Varian cheered for you despite the guards angry grunts and tight grip on him.

A slim guard stopped you in your tracks by stabbing his sword at your feet hitting your right ankle making you take a sharp fall to the ground and wince in pain. Before you could get up, the head guard spoke:

"If I were you, I wouldn't step any closer missy", the guard stated in a dark tone. A little too fancy, even for the royal guards of Corona, sword was lifted to Varians neck. The freckled boys eyes widened and he gulped.

"No, don't hurt him!" You shouted your eyes wide as well. You dropped your daggers to the ground making a slight clink sound. "That's right, now stand still while John cuffs you up, or else.." he gestures to Varian and the sword on his neck almost cutting the skin.

"D-Don't worry about me (Y-Y/N)", Varian said with a shaky voice giving you a sheepish smile. You looked at him guilt filling your whole body. "I'm sorry Varian. But i am not letting you get killed", you exclaimed looking at the side.

You dropped your head low and sticked your hands behinds your back as the guard named John bent down and started fiddling with the handcuffs.

"How does it feel being captured after two months of chasing you two around", John asked mockingly and pressed your head further into the ground filled with leaves.

"Who said I was done?", you asked just above a whisper a smirk appearing on your face. Just before the handcuffs clicked together you turned around tackling John to the ground and threw a purple chemball from your satchel at the guards feet, who held Varian. Purple smoke instantly filled the atmosphere around all of you and the metal heads started coughing. "You idiots! Stop her!" The head guard shouted at his two companions.

After getting to your feet you ran to him through the smoke and punched his stomach as hard as you could while throwing another chemball at his feet. Pink goo erupted from the ball and trapped the guards feet in it.

He cursed and in a panicked state pulled his sword hard, slashing Varians throat.

Or so he thought.

He looked at what he hand in his arms and growled loudly. Instead of a teenage boy, a life sized doll of Varian was in his place, neck slit and cotton sprouting out of the cut.

The alchemist and the thief were both gone.

"Damn it! They escaped again!" He growled even louder than before and threw the doll as far away from him as he could making it disappear under the leaves and a few of them fly into the air.

"(Y/N)" Varian said softly. No response. "(Y/N)!" He said a little louder this time. "What is it?" You asked glancing at him laying in your arms bridal style and continued running towards the direction of your cottage that was located in the middle of the forest.

"I greatly appreciate that you saved me back there but could you put me down, please?" He asked fiddling with a hair strand of his. His cheeks were tinted a light red as he looked at you.

"Oh. OH, of course", you exclaimed smiling sheepishly with blood rising to your face. Stopping in your tracks you put Varian down and he adjusted his apron and goggles then turned his head to look at you.

Something about him felt so captivating and you just stared at each other until Varian broke the silence encasing you in a tight hug trembling very badly. This surprised you and you lost your balance tumbling to the ground filled with beautiful leaves with Varian on top of you. He himself noticed the position you were in and blushed madly before quickly getting off and helping you up as well while apologizing at least ten times.

"I'm sorry.... I.... was really afraid you were going to get k-killed", Varian exclaimed looking at his shoes a few tears forming in his eyes.

It really was a close call but nothing was worse than seeing Varian cry and that finally broke you down. "I was actually terrified about the sword at your neck", you admitted letting a few tears fall out of your eyes and falling to your knees. Just now you looked back at what you'd done. Sure you have stolen countless times before but never something so important to the kingdom. Stealing aside, you just stabbed a guard. Now more than ever, were you in deep waters.

Varian sat on the ground and hugged you tightly again, and you were more than happy to hug back. "(Y/N) I love you more than you know and-" he cut himself off with a hand to his mouth his eyes widening. A blush crept its way to both of your faces.
"I...I-I didn't mean to s-say that aloud and... I-I'm really so-" before he could finish his sentence he was once again cut off but this time with a pair of soft lips. Varians blush was more intense than ever. 

You were kissing him. The most beautiful and sweet girl in all of Corona, heck the whole world, was kissing him. The colorful leaves were falling around you creating a beautiful scene. After a few seconds you pulled away and looked up at him. "I love you too...", you said blushing madly.

Varians mouth was open and cheeks red as a rose as he was so shocked. You giggled at this and pecked his lips once again before getting up and helping him with your hand. "We should get to the cottage before it gets too dark", you exclaimed smiling at him.

"But now it's my time to carry you, Milady", Varian winked at you and lifted you bridal style like you did to him a while ago. You giggled and let him carry you just this once. You two couldn't be happier at that moment.

========================================

I hope you enjoyed! ε-('∀`; )